[Solved]Problems with PHP Validate when used with Redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcranford

Greetings all,
I've built a search form that passes filtering to a fabrik table using the redirect plug-in that works great. When I add PHP validation to the form (along with the redirect) the validation works great and I'm redirected to the form/table however the table contents aren't updated with the new search criteria.

I'm running j3.3.3 with f3.2.

Thoughts?
TIA

Are you saying that the filtering is preserved if you don't have the validation in the loop?

And when you say "new search criteria", do you just mean the criteria from the search form, or are you trying to change the criteria during submission / validation?

-- hugh

Hey Hugh,
Correct, the filtering is passed as expected when I don't have the PHP validation add-in...the target form gets the filtering strings (two) and I see good results. When I add the PHP validation and try again I find that the validation runs as expected and the execution is redirected to the target form but the results I see in the table are from the previous search.
Thanks!

Problem solved. It turned out to be the connection between the floor and the keyboard...need to make the return !$err rather than $err

Just a quick note ... that's a form submission plugin, not a validation. While it may do "validation", it isn't what we would call a validation plugin. So, for instance, returning false won't abort form submission and report a validation error. Just helps if we all use the same terminology.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back