[Solved] Form validation failure just refreshes page without displaying errors

philip.belcher

Hi guys.

I've got 2 Fabrik forms on the front-end, 1 of which works perfectly (i.e. when you try to submit the form without filling it in, it keeps you on the page and highlights the invalid fields), however my 2nd form, on a different page, does not do this - it just reloads the page as if nothing happened.

If you've filled in the form correctly then it works fine; It redirects to the correct page, sends emails out correctly - it's just when it's invalid that it simply refreshes the page and doesn't display/highlight the invalid fields.

The 2nd form was set up with exactly the same options as the 1st form, such as:
  • Ajax Validation - No (also tried Yes too but the problem still exists)
  • Supress Messages : Success messages (also tried No but makes no difference)
  • Show Loader: Yes (also tried No but makes no difference to the problem)

I've also tried different combinations of these options to no avail.

I'm seeing no JS errors in the console.

I've also updated to the latest Github version as of 14:00 GMT 1st May 2014.

If anyone could help, that'd be great.
Many thanks

Can you post a link?
Which elements are you using/validating? Maybe you can find a "culprit" by disabling elements one by one.

Hi troester, thanks.

I've temporarily made the site "Online" (It's still a work in progress at the moment)
The form that doesn't work is here: ngconftest.northerngrid.org/register
The form that does work is here: ngconftest.northerngrid.org/sponsors-information#book
(apologies, I can't post proper links in the forum yet apparently)

I've just tried disabling all groups but 1, then disabled that and enabled a different group and it didn't seem to make any difference to the problem. This is of course me assuming unpublishing Groups is effectively the same as unpublishing the elements one-by-one!

Try to disable the display element (there seems to be some strange JS working inside).
Did you try with a standard Joomla template (beez5, protostar...) and a standard Fabrik layout?
How do you call the form (menu item, content plugin, Fabrik form module)?

You're a lifesaver troester:

The forms are loaded as a Fabrik Form Module - and I've just spotted that the difference between my working form and my non-working form was the Ajaxify option in the Module's Advanced settings: It was set to No and when changing it to Yes the form behaves as it should. (The working form already had this value set to Yes).

Many thanks for your help!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back