[SOLVED] Adding SmartyStreets code

Status
Not open for further replies.

degarrin

Hey guys, I want to add the SmartyStreets website plugin to do address verification on my Fabrik built custom site registration form, and I've never done anything like that before. I was wondering if someone could nudge me in the right direction?

Supposedly all you have to do is copy and paste the following code into your webpage (with your specific key substituted in of course): <script src="//d79i1fxsrar4t.cloudfront.net/jquery.liveaddress/2.6/jquery.liveaddress.min.js"></script>
<script>jQuery.LiveAddress("YOUR_HTML_KEY_HERE");</script>

I created a javascript file (components/com_fabrik/js/17.js) and put the code in there. But I know I'm doing something wrong because it's not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
Angela

Alright, so I left this for awhile because of other things. But I'm back at it now.

I did look at the documentation, and I am still having trouble getting this to work. I don't expect support on their plugin from you all of course, but can you look at my document and tell me if you see any possible Fabrik-related js errors? Am I calling the Fabrik stuff correctly?

This goes with my site registration form, which is form #17. So I created a js doc and called it form_17.js and placed it in my Fabrik js folder. This is what the text says:

Code:
requirejs(['fab/fabrik'], function () {
  // The block you want to use
  var blockRef = 'form_17';
  });

src = "//d79i1fxsrar4t.cloudfront.net/jquery.liveaddress/2.8/jquery.liveaddress.min.js";
jQuery.LiveAddress ({
    key: "4893898617902992145",
    debug:false,
    waitForStreet:true,
    autocomplete:0,
    autoVerify:true,
    addresses:[{       
        street: '#fab_registration___address_one',
        city: '#fab_registration___city',
        state: '#fab_registration___state',
        zipcode: '#fab_registration___zip',
    }]
    });

I think this probably isn't so difficult, certainly not as much as I've spent on it. Smartystreets says they don't offer support beyond the written document, but I'm contacting them anyway to see if they can recommend some paid support.

Thanks!
Angela

Okay, but it would be a week or so before I'd have money available. If that would be alright with you. Can you let me know the best way to contact you with the specifics, how much it would be an hour, all that?

Thanks!
Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back