Search form/box

jh

Hi

Ive created a search form (filter) as per the instructions and it works fine. However I wondered how to make the box/form search for values of 2 or more fields not just 1. Am I perhaps right in thinking a calc field with required fields concatenated would work or am I way off before I even try?

Many thanks

If you don't need anything very special you usually don't need "to do" anything manually.

For searching in a list you can
  • in element settings: define every element to be a filter element (in element settings "List settings/Filter").
  • in list settings "Details/Filters" set
    • where to show the filter box
    • enable "Search all" if you want to search in multiple elements; With "Elements" you select which to include in the "Search all"

Hi

Thank you for your response. What I was trying to do was create a seperate search bar, to place in a modular position, which then had a redirect to the list. I guess it would be a little like a joomla search box but would filter the records instead.

I have been able to do this but only for one field in the box (eg Clothes), I would like to have other fields too (for example Clothes and Colours in one box). I thought perhaps a calc field with required fields concated might work?

Many thanks

Hi

Sorry to bother you again but I am still not able to do exactly what I wanted. I have followed:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/create-a-search-form/

And have a search box on my home page (no list) which has a URL jump to the list to be filtered. This works great but only works for one field (eg clothes). If I want more than one field I have more than one box, which is not what I wanted. So I was hoping to amalgamate certain fields into one field, and that field would be what was searched (eg the one box searches both clothes and colours). I think this is a bit like an 'advanced search' and was thinking a calc element might help - but it does not seem to search that data.

Thank you for your time.

Many thanks

did you look at the url filtering for how to set up your jump url?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back