Scheduler removing entries...

remico

Hi all,

Simple question. I have a php script scheduled in Fabrik and I set it for every 1 day. It runs fine and automaticly, but then it is gone from the list...

Am I doing something wrong?

Running Latest Fabrik with recent Github on J2.5.8

Regards,

Remco

Hi Fleixkat,

Yes that is exactly it. It disappears from the scheduler list when it has run for the first time (automatically) When I run i manually it stays in the list.

Friendly Bump, any ideas? Can't use the scheduler now and I need to run some maintenance script on a daily basis...

I can confirm: after an automatic run the entry seems to vanish because it gets the status "disabled"; but you can see it again if selecting status = all

Php code has been run, but runtime is not updated and no log.

Oh, it seems to be you;)

I just found I ended my script with a var_dump();exit;, so it was correct to disable the plugin.
After correcting it the plugin is running, loggin, emailing and keeping published.

Check your script again.

less probable, but you can check the time needed for running the script, i have the same problem with "disabled" crons using importcsv plugin

For testing:
set Joomla error reporting to max
include an "echo 'xxx';" at the end of your script
enable the cron job
go to frontend and do anything

This should trigger the cron, displaying at least 'xxx' (and any errors) on top of your site.

Shame on me, I had a exit at the end of the scripts for debugging... removed it and it works like charm now. Thanks for the tips!

Just FYI, this is a design feature. Just before each cron plugin runs, we set it to disabled, then re-enable it after it has run. This serves two purposes. Firstly, if your plugin takes longer to run than the scheduled interval, you don't end up with multiple copies running at the same time. It also means that if your plugin code crashes, it doesn't get run again till you fix it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back