Restrict edit of certain elements to rows added by user

Bauer

How do I restrict editing of an element only to the user who added the row?

I could have sworn there used to be two 'Or user field' options in the 'Access' configuration for every element - one for 'Form (edit)' and one for 'Details View'. Now I only see one for details. I tried every combination I could think of but still can't get it to behave like I want.:(

Nope, we've never had that.

We do now, though. But I'm going to test it for a day or two before committing, as it's a change to a rather important bit of the core code.

-- hugh

Nope, we've never had that.

We do now, though. But I'm going to test it for a day or two before committing, as it's a change to a rather important bit of the core code.

-- hugh
Thanks Huh. I would think it would be a welcome addition, no?
Please let me know - or respond here, when you have it committed - or can I just get the code from your fork?

Yup, it'll be useful. And it's time has come - you are the third person to ask for this feature in a few weeks, after years of nobody asking for it. Another case of LBS (London Bus Syndrome).

I don't work with a fork, I just have a clone of the master. If I'd have thought about it I would have created a feature branch, but I didn't.

I'll push it up some time today. I'm about to start on the day's support load, which usually puts my test server through a good enough workout running test cases on stuff.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back