Relative URL's in email

Hmmm, if that's happening, means the HTML isn't parsing as XML, so we're executing the exception handling and doing a dumb(er) replace on "href='/"

I haven't looked at this code since the day I wrote it several years ago, and it really needs some love. I can see quite a few issues with it.

I'll try and find some time to work on it.

-- hugh

I don't suppose there is some clever trick to embed an image in an email without the user having to click on "download images?

bj?rn
- from tapatalk

I presume you are talking about gmail. If so, no. Google very explicitly don't fetch or show images unless you tell them to, due to the widepspread practise of using embedded images as tracking mechanisms, and other aggressive marketing / black hat purposes.

-- hugh

Lol. I was just trying to figure out where your reply was in Tapatalk. Ok I see. Well it would be for Outlook too.

Not really important though. Was just wondering.

Thanks!

bj?rn
- from tapatalk

Yeah, that's a "Trust Setting" in Outlook, can only be set by users, defaults to the safest setting of requiring a button click.

-- hugh

I updated about 10 - 15 minutes ago from Github, then tested immediately.

What do you mean by livesite set in config?

oh ok. sorry, excuse my ignorance, but how/what do i need to do? i've never updated from github like this? :/

A pull request has to be merged into GitHub.
I'd like to have Hugh to have a look first.

If you want to test the code you can edit ("hack") this file in your Joomla/Fabrik installation (only if you know what you are doing...)
With a new GitHub update all such hacking will be overridden/lost.

do i copy and paste everything under the 'files changed' tab to this file? components/com_fabrik/helpers/pdf.php

i don't mind testing! anytime. please just confirm whether i understand it correctly as in my post above ^

If you want to copy/paste click the "View" button (View the whole file) first (so you'll see the complete code not only the changes).

No, unfortunately still the same :/

Just to be clear, the way I am testing is, I have an article email template and in that article a link to a pdf. I've added the / in front of the link. Then I fill in the form, and get sent the email from the form email plugin. With my other emails I mentioned above, the emails are sent via cron email.

Don't know if any of that makes any difference?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back