ReCaptcha Plugin Failing

davez

Anyone else having reCaptcha plugin failing today on Joomla 3.x, Fabrik v 3.10?

Using "I'm not a Robot" checkbox. Just spins and spins. I'm guessing this is a Google issue. They may want folks to move to their Enterprise Edition.

I haven't found a solution yet.

It's working in F4 so it doesn't seem to be a general Google issue.

But there are some comments in F4 like "old v1 reCaptcha not longer supported" etc.

What about upgrading to J!4/F4?

Or maybe it's possible to take the changes of F4 captcha into F3. But this is up to you.

I've been hesitant to upgrade to J!4/F4. This site I built about 6 years ago is super-complex, lots of custom php/js, etc.

How is F4? I haven't even tried yet. I've moved on to a new career. Reluctant to do the upgrade.

I am getting this in the js console:
utils.js:3 Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add element "users___captcha" because it does not exist in HTML.

Captcha is there. Just spins. Funny thing, the Joomla Contact form captcha is working properly. I'm having this trouble on four different sites on two different hosts.

I did try installing F4Zeta on my F3.10 site and same thing happens.

Looks like this is causing it to fail:
<script src="/media/system/js/mootools-core.js?954ffa355be3e1075028792f168a4b1b"></script>

You can't install F4 on J!3.

With F3 I also get the spinner, I assume F3 captcha is using some outdated syntax or Google link.
But as I said it's working in F4 ( with a modified captcha element).

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

I guess Google just made something in their code incompatible with mootools.

The question is how difficult is it to migrate a complex Joomla 3/Fabrik/Gantry site to J4/F4?

I'm going to need to do it someday!

Thanks so much, troester.

Rough estimate would be starting from 2 working days (including Joomla and extensions, template, Fabrik and possible custom code). Intermediate level of knowledge is probably needed. But all depends on the actual site and it's complexity.

The question is how difficult is it to migrate a complex Joomla 3/Fabrik/Gantry site to J4/F4?

Thanks for the brief. Looks like I need to spend time upgrading. Putting this off. Lots of key features that can't fail, custom phps, javascripts, PDF writing, pushes to AWS, etc. Been working with Fabrik since the beginning.

The mootools enable/disable plugin I found by Roberto Segura, seems to work. Have not fully tested. Configured the two options:

mootools: disable
mootools-more: enable

If plugin fails, I guess I might need to go back to the Standard captcha if we want captcha, until we upgrade.

I don't think Fabrik will do without mootools.

And I don't think mootools is the culprit with the Captcha, mootools (slightly modified because of Googlemaps "..overrides array.from... https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/google-maps-array-from.53930/#post-281835 ) is still used in F4 and the captcha is working there.

As I said in F4 the captcha is modified because Google stopped e.g. support for v1 reCaptcha.

I would switch to Standard captcha for now (or if you really need the Google captcha try to update the F3 captcha with the F4 modifications).

And yes, upgrading complex sites to J!4/F4 is pretty time consuming. The technical upgrade itself is "easy" but you have to test and adapt all custom stuff

I tried just installing the F4 captcha plugin within F3. Same spinner spinning. So, I suppose it's standard captcha, if at all. Maybe the bots won't be scouring that site. Lots of validations which might cause the bots to back off.

Thanks all.

I have also run into this. In my case, I really only wanted captcha on the user registration form. Once a user is logged in, I'm okay without Captcha. So, I found a free plugin on the JED called ECC+. It's not as sexy as recaptcha, but is probably good enough to dissuade the robots at least. I tested and it seems to not interfere with Joomla and you can use its setting to apply the puzzle it presents only on the user reg form, and not the user login form. I'm also in the process of migrating a very large Joomla app to J4. So far, it has gone surprisingly well thanks to this community. But, I need a bit more time to move all of my clients over to the new J4 app so this ECC+ will fill the gap for me.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back