Problem report with Shaper_Helix3 - SOLVED

HyperOsmar

Dear Colleagues, I hope you are all well...

Just to report in case someone is experiencing this problem.

On a test platform (localhost) I have Joomla 3.10.12 and Fabrik 3.10 installed. I'm also using the Shaper Helix3 template, version 2.5.8.

Everything worked normally until I updated the template version to 3.0.4. The entire layout of the forms was lost and, worse, the "buttons" of the lists (edit, delete and view) stopped working, including the options of the lists (clear filters, export csv etc).

That is, I had to uninstall version 3.0.4 and reinstall version 2.5.8, having to reconfigure the entire layout again. Afterwards, everything went back to normal.

In my little experience, I believe that the problem is directly related to Bootstrap5.

Hope this helps...

Fabrik3 is not Bootstrap5.
Standard is Bootstrap2 (as it is coming with J!3), you can try to use
If you want to use a BS3 or uikit template try https://github.com/Fabrik/Fabrik-Joomla-alt-layouts
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/prerequisites/

Not sure if this will play with a BS5 template (it was created for BS3), I assume layout may do partly but JS (= button functions etc.) will not.

But J!3/F3 are reaching their end-of-life anyway. So I would stay with your "working" versions as long as you can.

@troester, in production I keep J3/F3, with Helix3 2.5.8.
So far it has met our needs perfectly.
We are just doing migration testing and waiting for the stable production release of Fabrik 4.x.

The Delta release of F4 is very stable. There are many many sites upgraded to this (or previous) versions. You should plan to upgraded as soon as possible.

I used Helix3 on my F3 site for many years and whenever they did an upgrade I had to delete the layouts folder as it messed up everything on my site.

I am now on J4/F4Delta/HelixUltimate and they run well together.

Note: Helix3 -> HelixUltimate is not an upgrade. HelixUltimate is a brand new template and they offer no migration. So you will need to spend some time on a test system determining what you need to do to get it all working the way you want it to. I created a script to help with that migration that I can make available to you (as is) if you wish. Hit me back here if interested.

@achartier, thanks for the feedback...

Yes, I'm already running tests with J4/F4Delta/Helix3, and so far I haven't had any problems, but as a precaution I'm keeping the J3/F3/Helix3 site in production until the stable version of F4.

Another detail that I forgot to mention before, using the Chrome browser without clearing the cache after installing Helix 3.0.4, the site works normally, but if you clean Chrome's caches and history after installing the aforementioned template, errors do appear .

That is, in the virtual machine (production mirror), where I updated the template and did not clear the caches and history, everything works perfectly.

I'm not necessarily reporting the bug, but sharing something that happened that might help someone.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back