Post-migration updated connection issue

draelius

Migrated my Joomla 2.5/Fabrik 3.0.7 site to a new host and I'm no longer able to connect to my database. It's still trying to connect using an old connection and throws the "500 internal server error." A detail look at the error stack shows that it's still trying to connect to the older connection from my previous server.

I updated it via the admin; created a new one set it default; trashed the old one; cleared joomla cache; killed user sessions - nothing seems to work. It's just "stuck" trying to use the old connection string.

Any ideas?

Usually after migrating/copying a site you should/must open + re-save the default connection so that fabrik is storing the actual Joomla connection parameters, too.
Not sure what your situation is at the moment.
You need a connection with the same connection id as in your original site, with it's parameters pointing to the new Joomla database.

If the old one is still in trash restore it:
select status=All to see it, edit, make sure all parameters are going to your new DB, set to "published" + default

clear Joomla cache (site and admin)
log out
clear browser cache

Try again

Thanks for the tip. This worked. Simply going into the database and updating the id of the connection I wanted to use did the trick.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back