new use case support requested: joining a list to a view...

skyrun

I did some investigating and i being able to join a list to a view is VERY VERY close to working as is, so i'm hoping you can make a few changes and do your magic and have it as a supported use case.

Here's what I see happening:
  1. You can define the join to the view just fine on the list 'joins' (and the fact that it works fine and allows you to select the view at join definition time is another reason to support the use case imho). However when 'save'ing, you get a red box with just the word 'error' in it. it seems to save the join and any changes fine though... *what i think is causing the error is when it tries to create the elements for the leads - [sf_all_person_view] group, it fails (see #2 below).
  2. The group gets created and and join is in place, however there are no elements for the new joined group. But... if you hand-create the elements you need, then it works! (almost).
  3. When you pull up the list to view and even edit the form... all works well! data displayed as you would expect! however when you press 'save', it updates the main table (fine) but it fails on updating the join for the view (which is a separate UPDATE statement)... in fact if you go back to the view and form, you can see that the updates are all there! So... if there was an option on the join on whether it's read-only or not (or recognize it's a view using SELECT TABLE_TYPE form information_schema.TABLES where TABLE_NAME='.....', then skip the update (or insert?) automatically if it's a view), then i think it would work.
so changing how you create the element lists for the new joined [ ] group when you add a join on the list, and then ignoring INSERT and UPDATES related to the joined view when the form was saved... you're there and fabrik is even better than it was!

the first one can be worked around by ignoring the 'error' and manually creating the elements. however the 2nd one can't... so the 2nd one is the priority.

note that views work find in databasejoins already... just not when you join in a whole 'table' worth of elements using list->join.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back