Need Community Builder/Fabrik Help

createforme

I have really hurt my brains trying to put together what my client wants. I've been able to find all sorts of answers on things, and I'm ALMOST there. I don't know what I'm doing on this last part and could use some help.

I have my Community Builder profiles set up the way I want - including the Fabrik plugin installed and I can see the correct list I want. I can't get my filter to work. The admins of the site want to go to anyone's user profile (not just their own) and see the table data filtered to whatever user they are looking at.

How and where do I tell the Fabrik plugin to filter this table to show only rows relevant to the user currently being viewed. This may have been answered somewhere, but I don't know enough to even tell if I'm looking at the right thing. My Fabrik table is called "roster".

Other information: the fabrik table was created separately from the CB user table (via an excel file). Therefore, the names are not connected by ID. I was wondering if I could filter if the "lastname" and "firstname" fields match.

THANK-YOU!!!!! It took me a few tries to truly understand the URL parameters (because I was trying to make it more difficult than it was), but I finally got it!!! My client will be so happy.

For those who need as much help as I did, this is the code I ended up using:
Code:
{fabrik view=list id=1 showfilters=0 MYTABLE___cbid=[user]}

All I had to do was filter it by "cbid" (the user ID element in the list I was showing). I did this by adding simply "user" in the parameter. This pulled their user id from the community builder URL code, thus allowing the list to be filtered based on the user being viewed, not the one that was logged in.

With:
{fabrik view=list id=12 table_name___user_id_raw=}
you cannot see on your profile your own records.
With:
{fabrik view=list id=12 table_name___user_id_raw=[$my->id]}
you cannot see on a different user's profile his own records.
I'd like I could see both.
How can I solve this problem?

You can try
...=[user|$my->id]

I can remember something like this was mentioned anywhere (but can't find it)

S O L V E D
I solved it in the simplest way;
{fabrik view=list id=5 azfab_posts___user_raw= OR azfab_posts___user_raw=[$my->id] resetfilters=1}

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back