Merging fields in repeated multi groups.

PaulT

Is it possible to merge fields such as "Job Code" contained in multiple groups (i.e. Mon, Tue, Wed etc) so they appear in the same column in list view, so they can then be filtered using that column?

At the moment each group of element shows in a different column i.e Monday Job Code then Tuesday Job code etc. I just want it to be one column called Job Codes so I can then group the list by that column and get totals of hours and dollars for each job code.

That sounds like you need to restructure your data, the daily Job Code should really be a child of your .... row. When you do that this will be easy.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/list-joins/

Thanks PaulV888, it looks like I need to study up more on list joins. I think the time sheet structure works for what I need it for but I may have to make a Job summary list that joins to the time sheet and pulls the data from the different groups and repeats. I will have a play with this and see how I go.

I have tried everything I can to try join tables to achieve this but no luck.

What I am trying to achieve is:
If job code TRM612 appears in 'geh_time_sheet_18_repeat___mon_job_code' on the 20-06-2016 and has Job Hours 'geh_time_sheet_18_repeat___monday_total_hours' of 2.5 by employee A.
Tuesday employee A logs 3 hours for TRM612.
Wednesday employee B logs 5 hours for Job TRM612.
How can I get a summary of hours for Job TRM612? in this case it should be 10.5 hours.
I can't get it in list view by summing a column because the job code and hours appear in different columns for each day.
Would I have to get it via an SQL query? If so do you know how that would be achieved?

I solved this by restructuring my data input as suggested by PaulV888. Instead of having a repeatable group for Monday, Tuesday etc. I just had a Job repeatable group that all jobs were entered into and then a field that said what day it was. That way all jobs were in the same column in the list view and could be totalled and grouped.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back