Media box not displaying MP3 file

Media box popup works as expected but does not play the MP3 file, just remains blank...

I am using rocket theme template. Is there a way to change the popup links to use their rokbox plugin instead of the media box?

Secondly, the media box shows 1 of 3 like a gallery and you can shift between items. How can i stop that, i only want it to show the current mp3 file and nothing more.

Also Is there a way I can pull in the Voice Talent name into the display of the media box, so the web user knows what they are looking at? Like maybe name and pull in the section such as commercial etc.? How can i achieve this...

hi
For the popup we don't have any way of customising it per template, there is either the lightbox or media box options.

Secondly, the media box shows 1 of 3 like a gallery and you can shift between items. How can i stop that, i only want it to show the current mp3 file and nothing more.
Is this in a list or form/details view?

I tried logging into the site's admin page to take a look at the list and element set up, but I couldn't log in with the username/pw that you supplied in 'my site's - could you double check the credentials work please?
I'm guessing that the element is a field element with the guess link option turned on?
If so then updating from github to this commit https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/fbefd4eda89bdb4171b66f770637e8a0a46a0ae8 will fix the issue of the audio player not loading.

For the title you can use the guess link type -> Link title, option. It will also take placeholders so you can include data from the current record.

this is a list. I have removed the option for details view as i don't need it.

I will double-check the login for you. I will check out the title option. what is the method on using placeholders? is there a tutorial somewhere on it or a list of how to form them?

also this is a link element not field. Would field be a better option? I also have the link type set to media with no guess link if i remember correctly. I will have to double check.

So that title option is only if you use the field plugin? I do not see that option for the link option that i currently have? I will do some testing tonight on it to see. Because that would make things so much easier so i can get this up and running.

I updated the files as mentioned but how do i get access to the SWF file to add? I downloaded the master zip and that directory has mediabox with all sorts of different items. not a mediabox-advanced directory. Or am I looking at the wrong github file?

Nevermind. I was in the wrong branch, should have looked a bit further into things before posting...

Updated the files and MP3 audio is now working. Awesome and thank you.. problem solved.

Ok ran into another bug now..... The audio is fixed and works as it should.. but when you select a filter above and then click the play button on one of the names, it opens the audio in a new page with no popup.. if you reopen the page and don't run any filters it works again. So there is something wrong when it refreshes (via ajax - which i have selected turned on) and causes the guess link to fail, i assume. I have default turned to lightbox (should i not have that)

Just checked. If i uncheck ajaxify in list under navigation tab, the media box works properly on all links and using filters... Once i put ajaxify back, it happens again. I would like to keep the ajaxify because its cleaner (espcially with alerts at top).. I left it set to that so you can see what it is doing..

thanks

yes voicelink. all the other lists are joined into voicelink. voicelink is the one that displays to the public. I did not check the admin form side, just the list display on the public facing website portion.

Awesome.. placeholders are working correctly.. just need to fix this ajaxify breaking the mediabox and a good portion of my app is complete....

I can take a look, but we really don't make any guarantees about the Mediabox or slimbox stuff on the backend, especially when using our popup window stuff as well (AJAX-ified). The way everything works on the J! backend is totally different, and not all 3rd party widgets work in it, or the way we display them through J! may have to be handled differently on the backend, or may just flat out not work.

However, we should be able to have it working from a popup on the front end, I'll see if I can duplicate the issue locally, which makes it a lot easier to fix.

-- hugh

the backend is not a big deal. i just need the front end 100%.. if i need to switch off ajaxify i will do so but would rather not as ajazify is much nicer than a browser refresh....

the display is 100%.. its just when you change and use filters above is when it has issues and opens in new window and mediabox disappears all together.

have to say you guys are awesome.. fixing things so quick.. definitely making my life so much easier, lol

will upload this and check it out tonight..

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back