list view, advance search problem in IE7,8,9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theboss

hello, I receive this error trying to open "advanced search" in list view with IE7,8,9; it's ok in IE10, Chrome and Firefox.

I have several users that can't upgrade, how may I solve? thanks.

Cattura1.JPG

Ah, OK, that's probably where we use the console() function to put some info msgs into the debug console. Which has always existed as a function in FF and Chrome, but IE (being IE) implemented it differently until IE10.

We do have our own fbconsole() we usually use, which tests for the browser version, but sometimes we forget to use it as console() is no in such common usage.

I'm working on getting the 3.0.8 build pushed up to the live site at the moment, but I'll get this fixed as soon as that's done.

Of course, the minute I got the 3.0.8 done, several bugs showed up, so we'll probably be doing a 3.0.8.1 next week.

-- hugh

...another attempt to solve problem!!! now problem on Firefox also.

I don't know if this can help you, but

1) in Fabrik 3.0.3 (that I use for test, same shared hosting) it works.
2)on 3 by 4 pc that using both IE9 anf Firefox advanced search stop to work moving from a browser to another with Fabrik 3.0.7, ok in 3.0.3.
3) Firebug report this:
ReferenceError: Hash is not defined
window.addEvent('domready', function() {
index....579414e (riga 17)
TypeError: window.addEvent is not a function
window.addEvent('domready', function() {
4) IE (F12) report this:
SCRIPT5009: 'Hash' non ? definito
modal.js, Riga 7 Carattere 1
SCRIPT438: L'oggetto non supporta la propriet? o il metodo 'addEvent'
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&layout=_advancedsearch&tmpl=component&listid=9&nextview=list&tkn=a768df76fe3b7fd5c41e79c3edfe6732, Riga 17 Carattere 3

after IE and Firefox, also Chrome stop to perform advanced search (all my 4 pc), at this point I think this is due to something temporary, but where? cleaned all cache in Joomla, template, Java, temporary internet files...

???

this is Chrome report:

Cattura2.JPG

news after hours and hours in testing...
updated from Github now, replacing 2 files
(list.js and list-min.js) coming from 3.0.3 it works, all browsers.
Is it useful for you?

What I have to do?
thanks

hi
First re-update from github as hugh incorrectly fixed the console.log issue. I have now fixed that.
If that doesn't resolve the issue please post the URL to the page experiencng the issue, but filling in the site details at http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites - if possilbe provide an ftp and admin account, that way we can connect to your site, observe what is happening and fix the issue for you.
Let us know as soon as you have done the above and if we need to look at your site for you

Cheers
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back