List templates

troester

Administrator
Staff member
Bootstrap template with Joomla bootstrap template is looking ok, but not really accessible:
no text is provided in the rowlink buttons (inline) so they don't exist if you disable styles

Default template isn't showing any button
$this->buttons->add is returning something like
<i class="icon-plus-sign "></i>
which isn't defined in the CSS

Same with rowlink buttons if the Joomla template is not Protostar:
no (inline) buttons at all because of missing CSS
not accessible because of missing text

Hi Treoester

Are you using the latest code from github? My add button's i class is 'icon-plus'
Otherwise yes I'd not thought about pages without css applied. That led me to look at how the main J admin interface handles this, and I've simplified things so that there's no floating/inline option, simply a bootstrap dropdown with the selected options (which renders fine when no css is applied)

I've also removed things like the custom edit/view/add labels. These types of options don't work well if you are showing sites in multiple languages, and the language strings we use can always be overridden within Joomla's language manager.

All these deprecated options will still be available if you are using Joomla 2.5, its just they aren't displayed if you are using Joomla 3.

ok, I've updated (Joomla3):
protostar/bootstrap list template:

now I can see the action dropdown blinking, then it's changing to checkbox without function
Advanced search is spinning (Chrome)

beez3/bootstrap:
row action: same checkbox without function
top "buttons": text only

beez3/default list template selected in list settings: error 500
Layout ?default_row? nicht gefunden!

I think you can require
"list bootstrap only if Joomla bootstrap"

but then there must be a working "nonbootstrap" default list template for "nonbootstrap" Joomla templates

<i class="icon-plus-sign "></i> is returned from $this->buttons->add (which was used in default/default_buttons.php)

'icon-plus' is set directly in bootstrap/default_buttons.php

Edit:
default template folder is only shown on my site because it contains a custom_css.php folder, so it was not deleted during GitHub repo update (and therefore showing error 500 if selected).

But I think there should be at least one "stand-alone" list template.

but then there must be a working "nonbootstrap" default list template for "nonbootstrap" Joomla templates

Well in my opinion I would be making bootstrap a pre-requisite for using Fabrik 3.1, whether that's loaded via a Joomla template or via some 3rd party system plugin.

All the major template vendors have incorporated bootstrap into their Joomla 3 templates I believe.

now I can see the action dropdown blinking, then it's changing to checkbox without function
Advanced search is spinning (Chrome)
Should be fixed, I'd not copied over the advancedSearch file into the newly split off list tmpl/ folder.

beez3/bootstrap:
row action: same checkbox without function
Not sure what you mean here?
top "buttons": text only
I think that's correct - buttons are rendered as a list - its up to the Joomla template to do something with this. If that's bootstrap it will turn it into a dropdown.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back