Join between a component table and the com_content table detail show article.

jeffhoneyager

JComments and Joomla Articles

I want to create a list of JComments linked to the article.

The join is ... where jcomments.object_id = content.id

displaying a few fields from the jcomments table and a couple from the content table.
When clicking to show details, it shows the article (rendered) with jcomments info.

I've tried a number of things, but I'm missing something probably very simple. I get the jcomments fields displayed but not the content fields. ???

_jcomments
.object_id (the article id)
.name
.email
.title
.comment
.date

_content
.title
.introtext
.fulltext

Any ideas?

Also, can I put the list into a module?

Thanks.

So is your List on #__content (the main J! article table)? With a repeat join from #__content.id to jcomments.object_id?

-- hugh

Yup - simple...

I was using _jcomments.id instead of _jcomments.object_id duh.

Next.

All I want to do is display a list. Then have a link from a list item to then:
1) Open a new window with nav _blank
2) display the article

The URL would look like:
http://portal.isocloudtools.com/ind...5:s22-iatf-16949-2016-no-shalls-here&catid=55

I have the article id, the alias and the catid. How do I create a link and construct a URL with this content?

Also, the domain name needs to be relative - I need to move it to 3 other sites.
(NOTE - this used to be called packages, it is not now, but I cannot re-find where it spells it out - frustrated - searched for 3/4 hour looking for it ???)

Is there a plugin? Is there documentation?

Thanks again.

I found this
Custom detail URL

Changed it to:
/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id={jvanmx_content___id}:{jvanmx_content___alias}&catid={jvanmx_content___catid}

And
Detail Link Target = blank (new window)

Works great.

How do I change the jvanmx database name to be generic. I need to move this list to other sites that will have other database names.

And again, how do I export this list/form application to another site?

Thanks.

I tried:

/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id={#_content___id}:{#_content___alias}&catid={#_content___catid}

But got a 404 error.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back