Inline Edit - Empties Elements

Weyakwin

I discovered a bug that is happening with the InlineEdit plugin. Not sure when it crept in as was working on other development. I am using the latest commits from Github on November 28.

When I edit an elements data in the table using the inline edit it clears all other elements in the same row.

The problem can be viewed on a test table at http://damion.ca/vsportal17 under the InlineEdit menu. It appears to work when you edit a value but upon refresh the other elements are cleared. I checked the actual table in the database and the values are cleared from the table.

Don't we just love mondays. Thanks in advance.

Jeff

http://damion.ca/vsportal17

Thanks for your reply Felixkat.

I have tested with both Firefox 8 and Internet Explorer 9 on 3 different systems. It appears to work fine. When you make a change it shows the change. The problem is if you manually refresh the page or navigate away after the change and come back you will notice that the cell you changed remains correct but all the other test cells on that row will be empty.

The easiest way to see this is to add a new record and have all the test cells checked with a value then submit it and then use InlineEdit to change one of them then do a manual page refresh. You will then notice all the other test cells except for the one you changed with InlineEdit will be empty. If you then use the "pencil" edit you will notice a new blank option has been added and selected in all the empty cells.

I hope this helps to clarify the issue and that I am not going crazy. Or am I?

Jeff

Attachments

• Step 1 & 2.png
    Step 1 & 2.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 218
  • Step 3 & 4.jpg
    Step 3 & 4.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 219
  • Step 5 & 6.jpg
    Step 5 & 6.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 215
  • Step 7.PNG
    Step 7.PNG
    27.6 KB · Views: 217
I'm afraid this one will have to wait till Rob gets back from Vietnam. I haven't had time to get to know the inline edit code (which is fiendish).

Can you test one thing for me? Can you check your actual db table content for the row you are editing, at both the point where you make the change inline, i.e. before you reload the page, and after you reload the page. See exactly when those other element values are being wiped.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for your reply. The change to the db table is being made after using InlineEdit (before page refresh). I attached screen shots of the table before using InlineEdit and then immediately after with no page refresh.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Attachments

• Before InlineEdit.PNG
    Before InlineEdit.PNG
    35 KB · Views: 205
  • After InlineEdit.PNG
    After InlineEdit.PNG
    32 KB · Views: 192
I don't think he is back until tomorrow and I imagine he will need a few days to recover....

.... No doubt he will have to do chores around the house as well now that he is a hubby! :D

I'm now back :)
I tested locally but couldn't replicate the issue.
Can you update from github and confirm this is still an issue?
If it is PM me ftp and super admin login details and then reply back here letting me know you've done that and I'll take a look at the site

-Rob

Hey Rob,

Sorry about that. Resent the info.

To recap:

Set up a test site at http://damion.ca/joomdev17/ with a fresh install of joomla 1.7.3 and the latest fabrik from Github.

Select InlineEdit from top menu, click on add tick both radio boxes and save. Use inlineedit to change one of the values. Hit page refresh and the other value is cleared. I can confirm the value is cleared from the database upon hitting save in inlineedit.

Is the same behaviour I described in the above post. Please tell me I am not losing my mind and this is actually happening.

Thanks Rob,

Jeff

Hi Rob,

Hope you had a great Christmas. Am wondering if you had a chance to look at this issue yet. I updated both sites today with the latest github and the issue still persists on both the original site I posted in this thread and the test site I later posted and gave you access to. The issue would not be apparent unless you had more then one option element in the row, such as check box, radio box, etc. It does not seem to affect date, text area, etc.

And as stated before, it appears to work as intended and the error is not caught unless you do a page refresh. You said that you could not replicate and am curious what version of joomla you are using. I am using 1.7.3 and am thinking is it possible something happened internally with joomla from 1.7.2 to 1.7.3. Is around the same time that this issue popped up.

Thanks,

Jeff

Update

I did a fresh install using Joomla 1.7.1 and installed latest fabrik from github and issue still persists. I then restored a backup from October 20th before this issue appeared and everything works fine. I then copied the inline edit plugin from that backup to the current sites referred to in this thread and inline edit does not work at all. I am assuming that the plugin is tied into other components and is not stand alone.

Hope this helps.

jeff

Edit: Rolled back to Oct 20th github and inline edit works, update to Oct 21st and inline edit stops working all together, update to Oct 22nd and inline edit appears to work again but problem of emptying other fields in same row begins. Subsequent updates and the issue persists.

sorry I can't replicate this locally.
Can you PM me an ftp account and super admin log into the site - I will have to debug and fix what exactly the difference is between your set up and mine

-Rob

I've fixed this now, it was pretty odd that an exact replicate of your list was working OK on my test machine and not on your site.
But I think it was more fluke then anything else that it worked on my site. I've now updated the code @github - which should resolve the issue
I've also applied those changes to your test site

-Rob

Hi Rob,

First of all, Happy New Year and wishing you and your team continued success and happiness in 2012.

I was excited to see that Inline Edit was once working again until a new bug appeared. If a date element is on the form and is left blank when you submit the form then use inline edit to make a change on the form to one of the elements on refresh a date of 1999-11-30 is inserted. This behaviour began with the December 30th Github. After updating to the January 1 Github the behaviour continues but with a new twist. Rather then editing the row a new entry is now added to the list. A page refresh is required to see this.

I will PM you the login details again in case you deleted the previous message already.

Jeff

I can confirm this - the actual row isn't edited, instead of that a new row is added. I have other problem too - when I double click on a cell (field element), it doesn't load its content, I get just a blank field to write into...

Thanks for confirming Grief... Was starting to think I was seeing things. I can confirm the contents not being loaded when editing. Meant to mention that as well but slipped my mind.

Jeff

I finally found some time to look at this, I think I have fixed the issues raised here along with a couple of other ones, would you mind updating and testing again please
?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back