Inline edit dialog window shows highlight in IE

p38

I have found that when using the inline edit, and the dialog window pops up, all the content is highlighted.

If you click in the window the highlight goes.

This is a bit confusing for users.

Only does this in IE, not any of the other browsers.

Paul

Attachments

• highlightissue.jpg
    highlightissue.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 340
I can see this happening, but I have some other issues with inline edit on my test form which are making testing hard. For some reason all my elements are coming up in read-only when inline editing. Still working on it.

-- hugh

I can see this happening, but I have some other issues with inline edit on my test form which are making testing hard. For some reason all my elements are coming up in read-only when inline editing. Still working on it.

-- hugh

Still struggling with Windows 8 and IE 10. Earlier this week my cat dumped a glass of juice into my trusty Acer Windows 7 / IE8 machine, toasting it, and forcing me to scrape together enough PayPal and couch change to get a replacement. Which although I got a good deal, a decent Toshiba Satellite for $399, means I'm now on Windows 8 and IE 10.

And it looks like there are some serious issues Fabrik in IE 10, to do with head.js, the third party library we use for handling JS file dependencies and load ordering.

Working on it, but may not be quick fix, unless I can resurrect my Acer laptop, currently in pieces, packed with about 50 silica gel packs, sitting on top of a dehumidifier, so I can work on Windows 7 with IE 8.

-- hugh

OK, I managed to work round the funky head.js issues in IE 10 ... but guess what ... in IE 10, it doesn't highlight the content when the inline edit pops up.

::sigh::

I have to move on to some other stuff, help some other folk. If you can bump this in a day or so, I'll come back to it, see if dicking around with the document mode in IE 10 will replicate the IE8/9 issue.

-- hugh

I have just tried in in IE8 and the problem still persists.

I notice the first time you inline edit, it is correct, but 2nd and subsequent edits highlights all elements

I also notice it only does it with database joins, not a normal field element.

Paul.

I'll attempt to have a look and fix it, but now we're working on IE10, IE8 compat is kinda sliding down our priority list of supported browsers.

I don't even have a machine with "native" IE8, and it's kind of a crap shoot trying to resolve IE8 issues in IE9 or IE10, set to to IE8 mode.

-- hugh

I keep trying, but I'm having huge problems trying to debug this with IE10 in IE9 mode.

My current problem is that my test page just won't load in IE9 or IE8 mode, with system and Fabrik debug enabled (to get the non-minified JS files), IE just goes in to hyperspace, I have to kill the IE thread and restart it.

-- hugh

I'm having issues just trying to debug my test page in IE10 in IE9 or IE8 mode. IE keeps going in to hyperspace. It's OK if I don't have debug turned on, but as soon as I enable debug, so I get the uncompressed (and hence debuggable) JS files, it just won't load. Rather extreme example of a Heisenbug.

OK, update, I finally managed to resolve that by hitting Windows 8 and IE10 with a 12 pound sledgehammer, throwing my laptop out of the window, backing my car over it, jumping up and down on the remains screaming "I hate IE! Die! Die!!", then pouring a can of lighter fluid on it and setting it on fire, whilst sacrificing a chicken.

Well, actually, I rebooted.

Anyway, I'm at the point where I can replicate it, and have one theory, which I'm following up on. Don't hold out much hope, but at least I can now reliably duplicate the issue.

-- hugh

can you turn on Joomla debug then edit

plugins/fabrik_list/inlineedit/inlinedit.js

and comment out line 69

Code:
e.select();

then clear your browser cache and try?
Thats about the only thing I can think of that might make this happen, of course on my test site in ie8 it works fine - the select box is selected and nothing else.

-Rob

Hi Rob, I tried this, but no joy.

Tried with IE9.

regards

Paul

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 318
Ok, lets try narrowing down what might be causing it:

Have you tried with a standard Joomla template?
Does it happen with all element plugin types? (which plugin is it that you are showing in the screen shot)

Hi rob

Have you tried with a standard Joomla template?
Does it happen with all element plugin types? (which plugin is it that you are showing in the screen shot)

1) I tried with standard template, no difference
2) Does to all elemnt types EXCEPT field type with defined "text"

The elemnt type in my sample is a databasejoin

Paul.

The weird thing is, if I put a breakpoint in the setFocus() function in inlineedit.js, around line 509, then just hit "Go", it works properly. if I run it without the breakpoint, it does the 'select everything' thing.

Not sure if it's relevant, but at the point where the focus is run, the popup isn't showing yet. So it may be some kind of timing issue thing with adding to the DOM.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back