info on fabrikar

cap

Hello need to manage my small business. Every day X products goes out from my store, and Y product return (my client has not sold them all). These products goes to different clients so i need to have a count send/return for each client and overall. And i need to get some statistics from these datas. Will yuor plugin suit my need?i think it should, but there is one important thing: i need to be able t to update the products( those tha goes and those that return) using a barcode reader. Coul i do that ith fabrikar?thanks

Try it.
Create a form with a simple field element, set the cursor into the field and test if it's filled via your barcode reader.

For displaying the fields content (list, details view) you can enable "Display as QR Code" in Formatting.

You can also try "Scan QR Code" to enable your camera for input (only on mobile devices, only Fabrik 3 at the moment).

ah so with mobile will work also?cause for sure i 'll need to use a mobile, and i haven't yet a barcode scanner. I'm still at an early stage of the project, and need to undestand wich software to go

The need, anyway, is to be able to operate without having the software opened. Imagine that the operator goes to the cusotmer, take the returned product and scan them right away..then goes to another customer and to the same...
That's why before investing in working on fabrik need to know if those thing are possible

Last edited:
That's why before investing in working on fabrik need to know if those thing are possible
Fabrik is free software. The options are there but I never used them. So it's up to you to test and see.

ok someone else will know may be.
To do this remotely, it is not just a matter of test, as you exaplained in you post but it needs programming to make the phone connect to the db remotely...and i have no idea on how start doing it, and expecially it that is possible

mmm i could try...better (for easy of perator) wold be that he just read the code with phone, and after that asmaximum it click ok on th ephone, without need to do any login or whatever...this should be the otimum!

I can confirm that Fabrik is certainly very well suitable for keeping count of incoming and outgoing inventory. Regarding the QR-codes on mobile, you can't just take the phone out of your pocket and scan something to somewhere, but you can make it a bit easier for the user. E.g. in browser set the form for scanning as home page, in Joomla have "remember me" enabled, so the user doesn't have to log in every time etc.

For scanning QR-codes into Fabrik form input field, I have used "Scanner Keyboard":
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tecit.android.barcodekbd.demo&gl=EN

It is much quicker / more convenient compared to scanning with camera. Its built in scanner reads codes much faster and even on an angle. It has a lot of customization options, e.g. you can set up scanner to automatically open when the input field gets focus on form etc., etc.

[EDIT] One more solution I remember using years ago was to add Fabrik link with url parameters as QR-code data. Something like that: https://yourdomain.com/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=XX&tablename_product=PRODUCTCODE...

That way after scanning the QR code with any scanner app, you can be redirected to your form where e.g. the product code is already prefilled, you can add quantity and click save. So if you have control over the QR-code contents, you could use this method.

Last edited:
i am doing some test with the code..i seee the fabrik use the QR code only, at list it seems. What about barcode? can be read and used the same?I have already rodcut with barcode and i must work with barcode

Fabrik doesn't generate other types of barcodes out of the box. You might be able to read the barcode data into Fabrik form input field using some software on your phone, but I personally haven't tried it.

Last edited:
hi again..i m thinking that the process might be easier than what i was thinking..actually i just need to read a barcode from a product and populate the record with its true value..so not the barcode but the the character..does fabrik do that?

As @juuser said
For scanning QR-codes into Fabrik form input field, I have used "Scanner Keyboard":
You might be able to read the barcode data into Fabrik form input field using some software on your phone, but I personally haven't tried it.

Just did a quick test and the "Scanner Keyboard" is capable at least reading EAN barcodes also in addition to QR-codes. That means reading the barcode value into the Fabrik form input field.

I have plenty of barcode readers - you just plug them in (usually to USB, in older cases to PS/2) and they act like a keyboard. Click on a form input field where the value is to be loaded, read the code et voila.

i am testing with smartphone as i don t have a scanner yet...it doesn't seems so straightfoward with phone..
and i used the app suggested
does the filed any special setting no?

Last edited:
i enable the SCAN QRCODE on a simple text field, and read it using SCANNER KEYBOARD..don't gen any input in the field!

upload_2023-3-12_9-14-36.pngupload_2023-3-12_9-17-8.png
This is for the camera on your smartphone (and working).

A scanner keybord will act like a normal keybord: set focus into your field (no need to have Scan QR Code enabled) and instead of typing use the scanner (as @Trembowiecki adn @juuser stated above).

To use scanner keyboard instead camera, you need to activate it (or set as default keyboard) and then tap the field like @troester said Then tap barcode icon on top of the keyboard and scan the code.

You can also activate auto-scan in settings. You can set your Fabrik field element's default value e.g. to "scan" and then in the keyboard settings add "scan" as a search string. Now, when you tap in that field, scanner will be opened automatically.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back