In validation plugin "Is Greater or Less Than" how to use tip ans icon ?

AlainR

Hello.
I was looking for how to change the validation icon of this plugin (I finally found in the plugin itself and not in the settings of the plugin in the form) but I wondered what use these 2 parameters "tip text" and "icon" because nothing appears or changes when I change these 2 parameters.

Should "tip text" replace the PLG_VALIDATIONRULE_ISGREATERORLESSTHAN_LABEL string?
That’s what I thought when I read the Wiki page.

And about string, no matter the parameters of the plugin, I still have the string PLG_VALIDATIONRULE_ISGREATERORLESSTHAN_LABEL that appears and never the string PLG_VALIDATIONRULE_ISGREATERORLESSTHAN_ALLOWEMPTY_LABEL

Thank you in advance for your help.

There seems something wrong with your site.

Which Joomla and Fabrik versions are you running?

The language strings you mention are only displayed in the backend validation settings (and should fall back to English if they are not defined in your language - and your language file is not broken).

Tiptext and Icon are settings for what is shown in your form and both are working fine (so you can change the validation icon per element).
upload_2019-9-26_9-43-38.png

Thank you for your prompt response.
Sorry for forgetting the versions: these are the latest J! 3.9.12 and Fabrik 3.9

I see that it's working for you but it doesn't work for me. And you're right, I test on another website and it's OK.

The string PLG_VALIDATIONRULE_ISGREATERORLESSTHAN_LABEL is actually used in frontend and I use Language Substitution to change second and third field's tip as you can see here : www.cabanegrandchene.ch/les-cabanes/cabane-des-eclaireurs/reserver-la-cabane-des-eclaireurs

And in the plugin of the element (I wrote "form" in my last message, but it’s an error it’s an element), when I fill in these 2 fields ("tip text" and "icon"), nothing appears on the website.
I managed to change the symbol (star -> asterisk) in the plugin (menu Extensions) "isgreaterorlessthan" and it's fine.

I reinstall Fabrik 3.9 but no change :-(
Thank you again.

Tiptext is replacing language strings and the strings you mention are defined in French.
(Putting PLG_VALIDATIONRULE_ISGREATERORLESSTHAN_ALLOWEMPTY_LABEL into the Tiptext and switching my site to French I get
upload_2019-9-26_17-36-33.png
Maybe something in your validation language file or the override file is broken (e.g. unbalanced quotes)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back