IE 10 extremely laggy when loading, viewing a form

dealio

I can't stand IE for other reasons but is one of the main browsers so I recently tested my site using IE 10. Every thing has been working relatively fine using Chrome or Firefox, but IE 10 crawls, the forms just lag, really long delays in selecting input boxes and other elements. Like it constantly trying to render something I have about 140 fields on this form.

I remember a thread somewhere on the old 2.x forums where someone disabled something, I don't remember what it was but it greatly reduced the lag. I did on my 2.x instance but don't remember what I disable. I don't use ajax validation since that kills performance as well.

Thanks

In Fabrik3.0/J!2.5 it's "use flexie"=no in Fabrik options.
Did you try with an other Joomla and/or Fabrik template?
Do you have a link?

My Fabrik form page source code is looking totally different, not including all this extra jQuery stuff.
Did you try with a standard Joomla template (protostar)?

Yes, I'm using protostar. I just copied it and made and gave it a different name in case I need to modify it.

For the fabrik form template, I set it to the default boostrap form template to see if it was my custome template, but I get the same issue in IE/

Hi I sent you the login to the joomla admin panel if that helps.

I use the default protostar template. I just copied it and renamed it via joomla's instructions in case i need to modify it it the future.

I tried to switch the form template to fabriks default bootstrap but get the same choppy, laggy behavior in IE10.

Thanks

yeah very odd - I see it in IE11 (got forced the update today) and the controls react very slowly.
Have you tried with a really simple / short form to see if that exhibits the same behaviour? There's quiet a bit of custom js code on that form, a brief glance at it didn't see anything that would cause a slow down, but it would be good to know if the issue was specific to this form or Fabrik in general on the site.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back