How to subscribe to standard or professional support?

vinia

Hi.

I would like to subscribe to standard or professional support. How do I sign up?

Thank you!

Last edited:
I don't think there is any support for this wonderful project anymore, unfortunately.
It is a pity that the owner does not deal with it at all, and completely turns not even to Joomla, but to wordpress.

See Media A-Team's most recent post here.
So, while at this point in time the long-term future of Fabrik might be not clear, you currently experience what I'd call "excellent and super-fast Community support" (e.g. by @troester, @juuser) and the occasional bugfix or even feature update on Github.

Not bad for a totally free power extension, eh! So, the moaning, groaning or even complaining of some remains a complete mystery to me... not at all sure what they expect beyond what's provided under current terms.

Maybe the often-asked-for custom "plug & play" config and code snippets for custom projects, or even complete solutions? Well, that wasn't even included in the typical paid support sub, either.
Could you hire experts for this sort of custom support then or now? Absolutely yes.

See Media A-Team's most recent post here.
So, while at this point in time the long-term future of Fabrik might be not clear, you currently experience what I'd call "excellent and super-fast Community support" (e.g. by @troester, @juuser) and the occasional bugfix or even feature update on Github.

Not bad for a totally free power extension, eh! So, the moaning, groaning or even complaining of some remains a complete mystery to me... not at all sure what they expect beyond what's provided under current terms.

Maybe the often-asked-for custom "plug & play" config and code snippets for custom projects, or even complete solutions? Well, that wasn't even included in the typical paid support sub, either.
Could you hire experts for this sort of custom support then or now? Absolutely yes.

@lousyfool Don't get me wrong. I have always been very thankful of the support coming from the community - the outstanding support that we get for free. I am surprised that you think I am being ungrateful. I have always praised and complimented Fabrik for being an excellent appdev and db management component and for providing exceptional community support.

There are just times that I need immediate support which I am very much aware that I do not have the right to demand from the community because I know we are not entitled to it. That was an honest question/inquiry.

Just the same, many thanks.

I am surprised that you think I am being ungrateful.
I didn't mean you (or anyone specifically) in my post -- sorry if it came across differently. I said "some" in a generic way, without pointing at anyone in particular, hoping those "some" know who they are, haha... but obviously there's always the risk of others feeling falsely included.
Sorry again, @vinia, obviously you're understanding that certain things won't come for free... otherwise you wouldn't have asked for paid support.

There are just times that I need immediate support which I am very much aware that I do not have the right to demand from the community because I know we are not entitled to it. That was an honest question/inquiry.
At least for the time being, the old formats of "standard" or "professional" paid Fabrik support won't come back, and it's "Community support only", so much is sure (see also older/other Media A-Team posts).
So, I'd suggest that, when posting again and sensing it'll exceed what volunteers here are able and willing to do, you add a hint on "paid help also acceptable" or so. The usual suspects here will certainly respond if it's within their competence and quote e.g. per PM.

@lousyfool Don't get me wrong. I have always been very thankful of the support coming from the community - the outstanding support that we get for free. I am surprised that you think I am being ungrateful. I have always praised and complimented Fabrik for being an excellent appdev and db management component and for providing exceptional community support.

Just the same, many thanks.
You have been very helpful in this community yourself! Thank you!

You can find many things by seaching the forums... as well as posting questions in the community forum. lousyfool, troester and juuser all respond in short order to well-written inquiries.

Agreed. I have commercial software with paid support that can't hold a candle to Troester, LousyFool, Juuser, etc. I have 10 customers running Fabrik and while I often think about what would happen if... I'm also convinced that enough people depending on this wonderful tool. Life will find a way...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back