how to show single row using element content plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

p38

I know one can show an element data using the conent plugin
{fabrik view=element list=9 rowid=1 element=notices___description}
but often one runs a filter and you do not know what the "rowid" is.

How can I show the first row each time without using rowid?

Leaving the rowid keyword out does not work.

If this is not supported, can you change the plugin so it will show the first row if "rowid" is missing?

Paul

The "first row" of what? You say "one runs a filter", but you aren't explaining how / where.

Can you give an exact usage scenario, or perhaps a Jing video, showing what you mean?

-- hugh

runs a filter means the user selects his filter dropdown elements and the list is filtered.

Once this list is filtered, I want to display elements in an article, now unless one knows what the rowid is, you cannot display the element data.

My question is.......

if we leave the rowid=xxx out of the content plugin syntax, can you not display the "first row in the list" element data?

in other words, I have a list "notices" with 2 rows......., the first one with a rowid of 10 and one with a rowid of 100

using {fabrik view=element list=9 element=notices___description}, I would like to show the "notices___description" element data of the first row, ie rowid=10

so summarize..... if rowid=xxx is omitted in syntax, then go to the fist record in the list, and show the element.

How do you call this article? A custom link from your (filtered) list? or just relying on an implicit "resetfilters=0" (so the list maybe filtered or not )?

in my case there will always be 1 record, but I can never know what the rowid is, hence the need.

Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back