How to set up a visualization

jolle

Hi,
I used Fabrik now for many years, but till now did not use visualization.
I searched the forum and the wiki, but did not find a description how to set up a simple viz.

As an example I have a table with courses with elements like ID, title and semester.
Now I would like to have a viz that shows me the number of courses per semester.

How can I accomplish that?

Best regards,
J?rn

Hi all,
I would really appreciate some pointers or hints.
Is more information needed on what I try to do?
J?rn

A viz is showing existing data, not calculating.
So you must have a list (which could be linked to a MySQL view) with
id, semester, no of courses
and use this in a (char) viz.

Thanks troester for your response.
I have created now the view in the database and setup a list that looks like the attachement.
Can I make a chart out of that now?
Maybe a bar chart grouped by Year (like in the list) or maybe a stacked bar chart would make sense?
I tried to play around with the chart and fusion_chart. I was not able to get a chart generated. Only fusion chart showed something but not what I wanted.
The viz configuration is not very intuitive to me. Maybe I didn't get the idea yet.

Can you describe what I have to put in the viz config?

Attachments

• StatistikAnzahlKurse.PNG
    StatistikAnzahlKurse.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 407
I really hope someone was able to help Jolle out, because I am where s/he got stuck... I cannot seem to understand how to set up a simple bar chart. I want to count the number of male vs female entries in a table. I already set up the COUNT aspect in the element, using SPLIT ON. Someone please help. Thanks in advance!

Back