how to have different prefilters for visualization and list?

sales2010

Hello,

I need to display a google map in frontpage of my website, i choose to use visualization for this request. On this map, i need to display all active markers added by users in a form. Then for each registered user i need to display the list of his own records.

I went to visualization and set a prefilter: status = 1. I notice that the same prefilter was applied to the list.
Then i want to add a new prefilter to the list, user = {$my->id}. I can save the list, but then the prefilter is removed.
If i add this prefilter to visualization, it will be applied also to the list.

How can i have different prefilters for visualization and list?

Thank you

If you are using a menu item to access your list, you can set pre-filters there which take precedence of those set in the list.

Or perhaps you could copy your list, edit the pre-filter as needed, and point the viz at the copy.

Hmmm, sounds like a bug in the per-viz pre-filters, those shouldn't apply to the standard List view. It's possible they may be getting "stuck" in the session, or the main getData() query is getting cached.

Taking a look now. But as a quick workaround, as rackem said, you could copy your List, set regular pre-filters on that, and use the copy for your viz.

-- hugh

I confirmed weird behavior. Raising an issue for Rob on this one.

Rob, to replicate, just set a per-viz pre-filter on a map viz, and a pre-filter on the list itself. Then display the viz, and then the list. As you can see from fabrikdebug, we're applying the wrong pre-filter on the List. It doesn't seem to be coming from the session, either.

-- hugh

Must be more to it that than - I set up the map and viz, each with a prefilter (rowid = 1 and rowid =2 ) and both the list and map show the correct data

I'm sorry, I'd set up my test case wrong. I can't replicate this either.

sales2010 - here's a Jing of my setup, showing the pre-filters being applied properly:

http://screencast.com/t/DLXhjGF1n48

As you can see, the pre-filter for the viz is applying to the viz dsiplay, and the one for the list on the list display, no confusion between them

Are you problematic ones on your test site in your My Sites list, where I can see them?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back