How to change Drop down element to read only after the elements value changes

Bren

Hello all.
I have a form where a user will make a change to a drop down element, hit submit and then if the user revisits the record, I need this same element to then be read only. How do I make a Drop down element become read only after the elements value changes?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi! Go to element settings -> Access -> Form (edit) and set access level to "no-one". If you do not have such access level, add new joomla group with no users assigned, then add that group to a access level called "no-one" or similar.

Hi juuser.
Yes, I could see that working if these were new records / rows (I do similar by setting other elements to Super User on edit), but not this time. Sorry, I should have mentioned that the first time. In this case these are always existing records / rows. I’ve got a review process system built where a form is filled out, the next privileged user reviews / approves it and then the next privileged user reviews / approves it. I have it set up where the higher privileged users can’t edit the lower privileged user data entries (by cloning the lists and adjusting the privilege accordingly), but I’m trying to prevent the same privileged user & or another user with the same privileges from adjusting the approval selection after it’s already been submitted. That’s why it would be great if there was a way to do a one time edit on an element per record. Is that possible? If so, how?
Thanks in advance.

OK, then it's a bit more complicated. Just wanted to confirm that you need the edit access set by element not per record/row?

Could you use a Javascript action to do this? Use the predefined actions for this element != whatever the default value is then disable itself. I haven't tried it but it may do what you want.

Hi achartier.
Yes, I was wondering if this could be done with JavaScript. I’ll give it a try.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back