How Can User Edit Settings

QueenofHearts

Hi,

First let me start off by saying Fabrik is really awesome, and I really appreciate the people who work to keep it updated. :)

I am having a lot of trouble with, nothing seems to work, I have read the documentation, but nothing seems. :confused:

How can I make it to were users can edit their settings, when I sign into a account I can't edit my settings.

Can someone explain to me, how I can set it up were users can only edit their own settings?

Any help would be greatly appreciate, I have been trying to get this to work for days.

QueenofHearts

This is the error I get when I follow the steps for users editing their information

Unknown column 'register.userid' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT `register`.`id` AS `register___id`, `register`.`id` AS `register___id_raw`, `register`.`date_time` AS `register___date_time`, `register`.`date_time` AS `register___date_time_raw`, `register`.`Full_Name` AS `register___Full_Name`, `register`.`Full_Name` AS `register___Full_Name_raw`, `register`.`Username` AS `register___Username`, `register`.`Username` AS `register___Username_raw`, `register`.`Password` AS `register___Password`, `register`.`Password` AS `register___Password_raw`, `register`.`Email_Address` AS `register___Email_Address`, `register`.`Email_Address` AS `register___Email_Address_raw`, `register`.`Address` AS `register___Address`, `register`.`Address` AS `register___Address_raw`, `register`.`Address_Line_2` AS `register___Address_Line_2`, `register`.`Address_Line_2` AS `register___Address_Line_2_raw`, `register`.`Phone_Number` AS `register___Phone_Number`, `register`.`Phone_Number` AS `register___Phone_Number_raw`, `register`.`Date_of_Birth` AS `register___Date_of_Birth`, `register`.`Date_of_Birth` AS `register___Date_of_Birth_raw`, `register`.`Read_the_Terms_and_Conditions` AS `register___Read_the_Terms_and_Conditions`, `register`.`Read_the_Terms_and_Conditions` AS `register___Read_the_Terms_and_Conditions_raw`, `register`.`Terms_and_Conditions` AS `register___Terms_and_Conditions`, `register`.`Terms_and_Conditions` AS `register___Terms_and_Conditions_raw`, `register`.`I_certify_I_am_over_18_years_of_age` AS `register___I_certify_I_am_over_18_years_of_age`, `register`.`I_certify_I_am_over_18_years_of_age` AS `register___I_certify_I_am_over_18_years_of_age_raw`, `register`.`user` AS `register___user_raw`, `databasename_users`.`id` AS `register___user`, `register`.`id` AS slug , `register`.`id` AS `__pk_val` FROM `register` LEFT JOIN `databasename_users` AS `databasename_users` ON `databasename_users`.`id` = `register`.`user` WHERE ( `register`.`userid` = '617')

You need to use the "Access Settings" for your list.

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/lists/#Access

You will need to have a "user" element in your list. Then just set the Edit Record "Or use Field" to your user element. That way if the logged in user matches the user for that row then they will be able to edit it.

BTW, there is a tutorial that covers this very well that is available to subscribers.

Thank you for replying, I have a "User" element, and I set the access level in the list settings, but I still get the same error.

I can't buy a subscription, I just don't have the money, the whole reason I am building this site is to help my family, and help with my Dads medical bills.

I uploaded the images, thank you very much for helping me figure this out, I have to get this site up.

QueenofHearts

Attachments

• List Access.PNG
    List Access.PNG
    13.1 KB · Views: 312
  • Menu Settings.PNG
    Menu Settings.PNG
    6.9 KB · Views: 343
  • User Settings.PNG
    User Settings.PNG
    34.5 KB · Views: 338
Oh, I had a question, when I get this working, when a user changes their settings it will update everywhere won't like, if they changed their password, it would change it in Joomla! Users?

Please clarify what it is that you are trying to do again? I am wondering if I misunderstood your original question.

Are you trying to enhance/replace the Joomla user registration system and create custom user settings using the Joomla User Form Plugin? http://fabrikar.com/wiki/index.php/Form_plugin_joomla_user

Or are you trying to limit user access to records that they create? That is where you would need the User Element Plugin. http://fabrikar.com/wiki/index.php/User

Those are two distinctly different functionalities.

I am trying to limit user access to records that they create, I have a "User" element, but I still can't get it working.

I updated Fabrik on Monday morning I think.

Oh, I had a question, when I get this working, when a user changes their settings it will update everywhere won't like, if they changed their password, it would change it in Joomla! Users?

This had me confused. I assume that when you say user records that you are not talking about Joomla username, password, etc. Rather you mean that users can only edit records that they create. If you have a password element in your list then no it won't change their Joomla password on its own. But it is possible to set up such an arrangement if you want to.

It looks like you are setting your list options in your menu link. That is fine as these options take precedence over the options in the list settings.

Try removing the entries under "Row id" and "Key Name" in your Menu settings. I am not an expert on these settings but they can be used to limit a user to only creating and seeing one record.

Also, under your List Access Settings, change
View records to "Public"
Edit records to "Special"
Add records to "Registered"
That assumes that your "Special" ACL is your Admin user.

Under the "Access" tab of your User Element, you should make sure it is set to "Public".

I think that should get it working for you.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back