Hide Groups based on access level

sdavies68

Is there anyway a Group can be hidden based on the access level of the user in Joomla?

I know I can hide/show Group by using javascript but the table has no user entries in it and there is nothing which is group/access level based.

At the moment, I think the only way to do that would be in a custom template.

The only other way I could think of would be to set the read and write access levels of all the elements in the group such that they all get hidden, and (I think) we automatically hide groups that have no visible elements. But I suspect that this isn't what you need, as you probably need elements to show in details view?

-- hugh

The only other way I could think of would be to set the read and write access levels of all the elements in the group such that they all get hidden, and (I think) we automatically hide groups that have no visible elements.

That is exactly what I have tried but it does not do that. All the elements in a particular group are only readable by one access group, but it still displays the empty Fabrik Group with no fields.

If that could be implemented its perfect.

Hmmm, I could have sworn we automatically hid groups where nothing is visible.

I'll take a look.

-- hugh

Hmmm, apparently the code I was thinking of is only applied to multipage forms (so don't show a page if it has only empty group9s).

However, I think this is something we need to do, so I'll add "hide if no usable elements" as an option under the group visibility options, in group settings.

I'm hoping this should be fairly simple.

::muffled laughter:: ... that's usually the kiss of death for a new feature ... "How hard can it be?"

-- hugh

OK, can you test latest github for me?

There should be a new option under the "Show Group" setting, in the Group settings page, for "Hide if no usable elements".

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back