Hide elements in form but show on list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i hide elements on a form but show them on a list? I have some calc elements that i don't need shown in my form but want to show them on my list on the frontend. I have some elements that are input only that i'd like to show on my form but not on the list.

Not sure if this is possible or not... thanks

Do you need to show them in the editable form view, and not in the details (read only) view, or just not show them on the form at all?

Have you tried the "Hidden" option on the calc element(s), on the main Options tab in the settings, and "Show in list" on the List settings?

-- hugh

Ill take a look at that option. I assumed hidden would hide it every where.

Since the calc is just doing the display of the other fields on the list view, it doesn't need to be show on any form on the backend... Will see if that works.

ok hidden worked for the calc elements, THANKS

Now the bookit link. Is there a way to hide that from the form but display in the list. since its not an editable object (the link is always the same and user shouldn't ever edit or touch it) i'd like it to be off the form so they don't even see it... would just make things simpler and easier...

On the backend, I don't see the bookit link on the form.

And I don't seem to be able to work out how to login on the front end to see the front end form.

-- ugh

There is no front end form, only back end... No need to have a front end as its not a user based application. Its internal only and display is user based.

The bookit is on the internal form, you just cannot edit or do anything with it but it always displays. would be best if it didn't but not a big deal if it has to stay

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back