Google Maps Element not working

gcopping

I have set a Google Maps element up but it is not working - I just get the error message:

"Sorry! Something went wrong.
This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details."

Also the Chrome Browser developer tools shows the following error messages:

"This site overrides Array.from() with an implementation that doesn't support iterables, which could cause Google Maps JavaScript API v3 to not work correctly.
window.console.error @ VM713:37
VM713:37 Google Maps JavaScript API error: ApiNotActivatedMapError
https://developers.google.com/maps/...pt/error-messages#api-not-activated-map-error"

As far as I can see the API is activated and I have no idea what the first part of the error message means. Can anyone please help?

Well I did add the GoogleMapsApiKey in Fabrik Options, and I thought that would be it. However further research showed that I needed to activate many other things in my Google Account including setting up a billing account. The Fabrik documentation did not specify all of this, hence my initial confusion. But I have now done all of this and it is finally working.

Thanks for trying to help me. Adding something to the Fabrik documentation about setting up a Google Billing Account might help others in a similar position.

Google added this billing account thing I think last year.
Fabrik's Googlemap WIKI is linking to Google where you can find the recent informations. The need of a billing account is one of the first things showing up there.

But I've added it also to the WIKI now.
WIKI is community, feel free to add yourself.

Thanks again for your reply and adding this to WIKI. I am sure it will help people like myself who are just starting with Fabrik.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.
Back