Google Map Visualization issue [SOLVED]

Antares74

Hi,
I've a problem with Google Map visualization.
I've more point to show in my map, so I added a tab for each type of object to show; in the tab I set up the filter and the type of placeholder.
The problem is that I do not see objects correctly; but I see only ONE object, with mixed data of all object (placeholder, bubble template,..)

Hi,
I've a problem with Google Map visualization.
I've more point to show in my map, so I added a tab for each type of object to show; in the tab I set up the filter and the type of placeholder.
The problem is that I do not see objects correctly; but I see only ONE object, with mixed data of all object (placeholder, bubble template,..)
I don't understand what you mean by "a tab for each type of object".

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hi,
I mean that I press the ADD button for each type of object to be represented on the map.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 01.54.43.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 01.54.43.png
    406.8 KB · Views: 146
And I'm not entirely sure what you mean by:

but I see only ONE object, with mixed data of all object (placeholder, bubble template,..)

... but one possibility is ... do your multiple datasets end up with multiple map markers with the same lat/lon?

If so, then yes - you will get a single marker, with the combined bubble template. This is because Google Maps doesn't allow you to have multiple markers with the same lat/lon. So if we find multiple records with the same location, all we can do is concatenate the bubble template HTML, and use a single marker to represent both locations.

-- hugh

Hi,
each point has different coordinates. In image 1 you can see the points as a single type.
If I set the points as different types (using multiple tabs and filters) the result is visible in the image 2

Thanks

Attachments

• img1.png
    img1.png
    822.7 KB · Views: 311
  • img2.png
    img2.png
    994 KB · Views: 635
It seems you have selected the same list (documents) multiple times.
I'm not sure this will do.

Hi, I try to explain in more detail my situation, to understand if this is actually the problem.
I have a list that contains 4 types of objects to be represented on the map with a different placeholder. A field in this list identifies the type of object.

In setting the display, I set the list by filtering it, in each TAB, for a different type, like this:
TAB1 -> ObjectList -> filter: where TypeObject = 'type1'
TAB2 -> ObjectList -> filter: where TypeObject = 'type2'
TAB3 -> ObjectList -> filter: where TypeObject = 'type3'

So, if I understand correctly, the problem is that I can not filter the same list multiple times.
Could I solve with lists copy of the original?
Other ideas?

That was true up till now, but as of this commit:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/e8433a8c87fa6d6ea05b7e7808ebfd8f11533be1

... you can now do what you are trying to do.

Also note that those prefilters in the map viz will now obey the "overriden by menu filters" in the main List settings (Data => Prefilters). So if you have prefilters on the list itself, you need to make sure you set that setting, to control whether the prefilters in the map viz replace or add to the ones on the list.

Don't cherry pick that commit - do a full github update (see wiki) as there's a couple of other fixes you need as well.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back