Form integration of user data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kant

Hello,
I have an understanding problem.
I want to create a form that should be filled out by registered users.
This record is generated including the user ID. So far, so good.
My problem is how to map the user record to the corresponding user_ID.
If it was a selection, it could be added via a dbjoin element, but the user is already designated by the login, so a selection would be superfluous.

regards
Oliver

Not entirely sure what you mean, as you say "This record is generated including the user ID. So far, so good.", but I think the answer would be a 'user' element on the form, which will automatically record the user's ID.

-- hugh

no, the 'user' element works. My question is, how do I automatically join include in the form the associated user data from the 'user' element (name, User name, etc.)
Will this with dbjoin element Autocomplete-filed realized?

Oliver

If you just need to pre-fill some field elements when creating a new form with things like name and email for the logged on user, use defaults on them like {$my->name}, {$my->email}. etc.

-- hugh

Thanks, I understood that.
How would one proceed to get all the data + one join under record?

Oliver

Oh, it's right to get the Joomla user list and not the fabrik user list?
I can not retrieve all elements.

Last edited:
I tried it with a Calc element. But I do not get the connection to the user.
Code:
$db = FabrikWorker::getDbo(false, 3);
$query = $db->getQuery(true);
$query->select('vorname')->from('benutzer');
$db->setQuery($query);
return $db->loadResult();

Sorry for my bad english. I try to formulate my question again better.
I have a table of users that we created when registering with joomla (benutzer). Every user gets a 'user_ID' which can be queried when logging on {$my->id}.
I would like to create a form query for a reservation which is only possible for registered users.
I need a possibility, where in the detail view the user data (first name, name, telephone number, etc) becomes visible.
The question is how do I get a datajoins from reservation table to existing users table.
The unique assignment is through the elements 'user_id' "benutzer" and 'user_id' "reservierung" available.
If you could choose the user, I would create it via a dbjoin element.

regards
Oliver

Last edited:
I would like to see another list group (Benutzer) visible in the form (Reservierung) and possibly changeable.
?ndividual elements should also appear in the list view.

I still don't understand exactly what you mean.
Maybe you can explain it in German in a conversation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back