Filter on column headers not active until ENTER pressed

p38

Hi,

I'm using filters under column headers, and find if, for example I have a dropdownbox, and select an item, the filter is only activated if I press the ENTER button.

Same goes for a text box.

I tried the Ajaxify option, but no success.

My client is complaining about teh fact he has to press ENTER to get teh filter going.

Anyone perhaps have an solutions.

Joomla 2.5.4 with latest from GIT.

Thanks

Paul

Just to confirm the behavior you are seeing ... does tabbing out of a text filter not trigger it?

I'm still working on getting my servers rebuilt with test setups, otherwise I'd test this myself.

-- hugh

Unfortunately not, it will only activate the filter if ENTER is pressed, WHILE still focussed in the filter header area.

Paul.

Do you have set "Filter trigger" = Submit button?

With "Filter trigger" = on change it's filtering directly when a drop down is selected.
A text box has to be left with something like TAB or ENTER (to define the end of typing)

If you select "Filters Under headings" and "Submit Button", there is no visible button to use.

So I selected "On Change". The filters work dynamically on dropdowns, but not text or date ranges.

This is confusing for users.

A submit button would solve this.

Paul

When I select 'filters under heading' and 'submit button', I get the standard "looking glass" button at the top right of the list, which flashes when I change a filter (to give a visual indication of how to kick the search off).

Do you not see this?

What list template are you using?

-- hugh

Thanks, I tried this, and had success showing the Magnifying Glass, and it flashed showing Filter ready.

Only problem now is if I select it, my site goes haywire, and displays the data below.

Any ideas?

Paul

{"id":"7","listRef":"7_mod_fabrik_list_88","rowid":0,"model":"list","data":[[{"data":{"evrimed_v_userevents___description":"ALARM","evrimed_v_userevents___description_raw":"ALARM","evrimed_v_userevents___event_datetime":"2012-03-05","evrimed_v_userevents___event_datetime_raw":"2012-03-05 07:30:00","evrimed_v_userevents___username":"demo1","evrimed_v_userevents___username_raw":"demo1","evrimed_v_userevents___serial_number":"SN100945","evrimed_v_userevents___serial_number_raw":"SN100945","evrimed_v_userevents___id":"23","evrimed_v_userevents___id_raw":"23","slug":"23","__pk_val":"23","fabrik_select":"","fabrik_view_url":"\/evrimed\/index.php\/component\/fabrik\/details\/7\/23","fabrik_edit_url":"\/evrimed\/index.php\/component\/fabrik\/form\/7\/23?Itemid=450","fabrik_view":"View<\/span><\/a>","fabrik_edit":"","fabrik_actions":"View<\/span><\/a><\/li><\/ul>"},"cursor":0,"total":103,"id":"list_7_row_23","class":"fabrik_row oddRow0"},{"data":{"evrimed_v_userevents___description":"DOOR_OPEN","evrimed_v_userevents___description_raw":"DOOR_OPEN","evrimed_v_userevents___event_datetime":"2012-03-05","evrimed_v_userevents___event_datetime_raw":"2012-03-05 07:30:38","evrimed_v_userevents___username":"demo1","evrimed_v_userevents___username_raw":"demo1","evrimed_v_userevents___serial_number":"SN100945","evrimed_v_userevents___serial_number_raw":"SN100945","evrimed_v_userevents___id":"24","evrimed_v_userevents___id_raw":"24","slug":"24","__pk_val":"24","fabrik_select":"","fabrik_view_url":"\/evrimed\/index.php\/component\/fabrik\/details\/7\/24","fabrik_edit_url":"\/evrimed\/index.php\/component\/fabrik\/form\/7\/24?Itemid=450","fabrik_view":"View<\/span><\/a>","fabrik_edit":"","fabrik_actions":"View<\/span><\/a><\/li><\/ul>"},"cursor":1,"total":103,"id":"list_7_row_24","class":"fabrik_row oddRow1"},{"data":

Looks like there is something else with your template that is causing problems, probably the use of jquery library. Doesn't look like they have set compatibility mode in jquery, so it won't play nice with Mootools.

Can you just try switching to one of the standard J! templates, and see if things work?

-- hugh

Hi Hugh, I tried it with the standard beez template and it exhibited the same symptoms when clicking magnify glass to filter.

Paul.

I have disabled the Google/FB bookmarks module in site. There are no other modules used excpet the fabrik list on this page.

Interestingly enough, if I set filter options, and press ENTER, the filter fires correctly. It is ONLY if I press the magnify glass, does the error as per prev mail occur.

Paul

Bump,

Hi guys, I logged this issue on 30 May, it is now 20th June.

If you prefer, I can open up a ticket request.

I need to give my client a solution.

Paul.

yes, a module list, but No settings changed,
except Ajaxify, which I had to set (based on what support told me), otherwise it gave a 500 - Invalid controller: name='list', format='html'
  • Ajaxify Yes
  • Ajaxify links NO
  • Randomize Records No

I'm going to need J!'s system debug enabled, so the page loads the uncompressed Mootools file, so I can get inside the onComplete() function that handles that JSON response from the server.

This isn't an issue with our code, there is something VERY bizarre going on between your server and the browser.

The only time I've ever seen anything remotely similar also happened to be using Debian+squeeze build of Linux as the server, with gzip responses enabled, which was causing damage to the response payload during AJAX transactions. But the only way I can see that is if I can debug the raw response coming in to Mootools itself.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back