Filter List Max - ordery by ... DESC

AlainR

Hi!
I was confronted with the limit of the list of a filter (dropdown), whose size I have increased in global parameters -> lists.

In the parameters of the field: Parameters view list -> Filter -> Order by, I chose "None", as the tooltip indicates.
However, despite the fact that the order by clause is DESCending, the list is always truncated by the beginning (id) and not by the order.

How can I do ? because I imagine, after months and years, the table will grow...!
Thanks in advance for help.
Best regards.

I'm not sure what problem you are describing.

When you say "the list is always truncated by the beginning (id) and not by the order" are you talking about the actual list display, or a dropdown filter which shows values from that list?

-- hugh

Yes I'm talking about the drop-down list of the filter.
And because the tooltip (as described above) indicates to choose "None" if you want Joins where and/or order by statement (SQL) apply. So I have "ORDER BY my_field DESC" in Details -> Data - where -> Joins where and/or order by statement (SQL)

And if the limit is low (e.g. 50), the drop-down list displays only the first 50 starting from id 1 to id 50 instead of displaying from id e.g. 250 up to id 200.

I hope that it's clearer. Thanks in any case you look at my problem.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back