File upload element with ajaxupload and slideshow in details view.

gustavino

Hi,
I'm running the last version of FABRIK, updated yesterday via GITHUB, on Joomla! 3.2.2.
Images uploaded by the users on their form via ajax and rendered by the slideshow, are displayed on the details view in a strange way.
Please, give a look on the tab: Galleria Immagini.
This is the link: http://www.925hotels.com/lista-hotels/details/11/1
Images are one upon the other: is that normal?
Thank you.

I can confirm the issue (I think it's the same in 3.1 download version).
But slideshow's tooltip says "work in progress", so...

And now, what? How can I solve this problem?
I could try with a third party extension, on JED there is a plenty of them, but I don't know if they work with FABRIK.
Can anyone give some advice?
Thank you.

I cannot recreate this issue with the latest Github.

Make sure you have selected "SLIDESHOW" in "Show media in form" and not just "Show media in list".

Failing that I do see some JS errors appearing on your site, so I'm assuming this is a custom template?

Yes, I have selected "Slideshow" in "Show media in form".
No, it's not a custom template, it's Protostar, the default template.
Now I've partially solved the problem with the "Very Simple Image Gallery", found on JED.

http://www.925hotels.com/lista-hotels/details/11/1-grand-hotel-di-prova-di-mi (work in progress)

It looks working - now I have to do same adjustments - but I hope I can use as soon as possible FABRIK Slideshow.
The solution I have now found is a little bit too complicated and if the user deletes an image from a fabrik form it remains in the Very Simple Image Gallery folder.
Ohh, I've found also a second solution with "Nonumber Tabs". It works too, but, bleah, I don't like it.
I'm confident in Fabrik developers...
Thank you for your help.

I cannot re-create the issue but Troester can so we will try and work it out together.

Whilst we resolve the issue maybe you could try some other workarounds? Have you tried a slideshow visualisation?

Yes, I tried with a slideshow visualisation, but... there is a new problem.
I can't link any visualition to my menus. I tried also vith a Google Map visualisation and it's impossible. I don't know why.

Hmm I haven't seen any of those type if issues before.

Don't forget you can add forms, visualisations etc via the content plugin. i.e

{fabrik view=visualization id=1} will show visualization id 1

However it would obviously be better to find out the cause of these errors rather than work around them.

I've set up an example for the details slideshow issue on mysite.
Frontend login see Info.

No problem to create a visualization menu.

Hi troester,
I'm afraid your message is a little bit too cryptic. I'm sorry but I can't understand.
Where can I find your example?

Errata corrige:
Today it's possible to save a Googlemap visualization and to link it to a menu voice.
D0n't ask me why today it's possible while yesterday it was'nt.

The visualizations - Google Map vis. and Slideshow vis. - work well on desktop.
The Slideshow visualization is not responsive on my smartphone. May be it's for my fault.
Any news about the fileupolad plugin's slideshow?

Sorry for the delay, I was just checking the status of this issue on Github.

The slideshow is quite old now and it was never designed to be responsive. I have actually created a new slideshow based on the bootstrap one but I still need to finalise it.

I only just realised that the fileupload slideshow is actually the bootstrap one as well, so that should work fine on the smartphone. I have just noticed a possible issue in the code though but whether it would cause you problems I do not know.

Can you send me a link of a non working slideshow for me to look at?

Okay I finally managed to BREAK IT on my site.

Soo, if you have the "Show media in list" set to No or Yes it break details view. If you have slideshow set for list and form it both it works. It was the last thing I tried after trying to work out the differences between my site and Troesters :)

I will look at it in the next day or two as I spent far to long trying to break it. :D

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back