Fabrik Form menu type issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amuleta

I'm now making menu items for the copied forms with row id's, using the Fabrik Form Menu Item Type.

The link takes me to the right form but the key important fields in the form are empty.
However if I use the Joomla system link's External Link to got to the same form and row id these fields do show the values.

eg.
I copied a master list (25 times, lest you forget) and created pre-filters for each of them so I have a form for each individual "subject".

I created menu items pointing to the copied forms with row id's (being class / year group element).
When I view the form in the front end the fields "subject" and "class / year group" are empty.

When I create a System External Link to the same form e.g. .../...form/2/36 the fields do have values when viewed in the front end (as they would have if I had selected the form through the list data view).

I created menu items pointing to the copied forms with row id's (being class / year group element).

Not sure what you mean by "being class / year group element". Unless you are using the "Key Name" as well, to use another element as the lookup? If so, what type of element is it, and does it have unique values?

-- hugh

Not sure what you mean by "being class / year group element". Unless you are using the "Key Name" as well, to use another element as the lookup? If so, what type of element is it, and does it have unique values?

-- hugh

Hi.
Sorry, "class / year group" is just the name of the element.
I'm not using a Key name.

I hope this is clearer...
With SEF and URL rewrite OFF, the Fabrik Form menu item works well, it takes me to the form as it would be viewed had I had selected it from the list view:

Fabrik Form Menu item to Form 15, row 2 url is .../index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=15&Itemid=158
Fabrik Form Menu item to Form 15, row 2, accessed from the List's data view url is .../index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&Itemid=163&formid=15&rowid=2&listid=15

With SEF and URL rewrite ON:
System External Link to Form 15, row 2, url is mysite/parent-menu-item/form/15/2 and is also good, it takes me to the form as it would be viewed had I had selected it from the list view.

The only url that does not take me to the form view, as it would be viewed had I had selected it from the list view, i.e with the required values visible in some important fields, is the Fabrik Form Menu item with SEF and rewrite ON.
Fabrik Form Menu item to Form 15, row 2, url is mysite/parent-menu-item/name-of-form15/row2

I'd rather make Fabrik Menu items than external links, so I wanted to know if it's possible to achieve what the external link achieves without turning SEF and url rewrite off.

Does this makes better sense?!

Hi.
Sorry, "class / year group" is just the name of the element.
I'm not using a Key name.

I hope this is clearer...
With SEF and URL rewrite OFF, the Fabrik Form menu item works well, it takes me to the form as it would be viewed had I had selected it from the list view:

Fabrik Form Menu item to Form 15, row 2 url is .../index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=15&Itemid=158
Fabrik Form Menu item to Form 15, row 2, accessed from the List's data view url is .../index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&Itemid=163&formid=15&rowid=2&listid=15

With SEF and URL rewrite ON:
System External Link to Form 15, row 2, url is mysite/parent-menu-item/form/15/2 and is also good, it takes me to the form as it would be viewed had I had selected it from the list view.

The only url that does not take me to the form view, as it would be viewed had I had selected it from the list view, i.e with the required values visible in some important fields, is the Fabrik Form Menu item with SEF and rewrite ON.
Fabrik Form Menu item to Form 15, row 2, url is mysite/parent-menu-item/name-of-form15/row2

I'd rather make Fabrik Menu items than external links, so I wanted to know if it's possible to achieve what the external link achieves without turning SEF and url rewrite off.

Does this makes better sense?!

After all that, it seems that turning SEF and rewrite off and on again seems to have fixed this. Is that feasible? because by some miracle the Fabrik Form menu is working like the external link now :confused:

Sometimes J!'s SEF gets a bit constipated. You can also try the 'rebuild link' button, which often seems to fix these little things for me.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back