Fabrik and barcodes generating

Trembowiecki

Hi,

here's the thing - I have a field and I want its value to become a barcode during generating PDF. I customised the form template but I can't for the life of me make it generate a freaking barcode. I've installed picqer/php-barcode-generator, but DOMPDF goes south the moment I try to use it.

Of course there are workarounds (like generating graphical barcodes BEFORE and linking them in a form template), but I'm just wondering if DOMPDF can generate them on the fly thanks to some... er... extensions or additional libraries?

Oh, and by 'barcodes' I mean mainly TYPE_CODE_128_A barcodes, alas QR is not an option as it requires 2D scanners.

You can try to add overrides for details and list view and so to replace the standard text output with what you like.

Don't use the QRcode option in this case, it's hardcoded, not overrideable.

Yep, I've tried that, but no cigar. Whatever I do to generate barcodes on the fly, DOMPDF doesn't like it and displays gibberish or an empty image placeholder (if I try to generate barcode as an image). The same piece of code placed anywhere else just works. I've checked here and there and yes, DOMPDF is very fussy regarding barcode generators. Oh well, at least my workaround works, but it's far less elegant.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back