Fabrik 3.4 not working with Joomla 3.4.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, let's summarize
Although you confirmed several times you had updated Fabrik from GitHub and included the override files into your template you had not (on the site you were working with)
And obviously you have not until now as you still get "span6"

Although you are only on free community level Hugh has tested and proved that two columns are not only working with Purity_III but also with your special template (without any custom css).

So I think it's really up to you to get the correct installation before asking any more questions about issues with your template.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github/
https://github.com/Fabrik/Fabrik-Joomla-alt-layouts

Sorry, i saw it now, it's working!!! was not working cause the author of the template (Mr Phuong) had access to administration part and did some css stuff in order to fix my problem, so i didn't knew that he's trying to repair the column issue...
If i remove his css classes, group column layout is working, that means i applied the patck succesfully:

upload_2016-2-4_18-5-51.png

Any clue about the missing icons and the tooltip?

Thanks

No, as long as you get "span6" and not "col-xs-12 col-sm-6" your either don't have the recent Fabrik from GitHub or the correct override files.

It's only "working" because you have added custom css display:inline-block

Thanks troester, i saw that (the php group file replace span with col-xs-12 col-sm-6, i think it's an misconfiguration somewhere, i did all the steps in order to update and apply the correct patch.
I'm on it!! i think the problem is the quick start package that i installed, i also think Hugh installed just the alaska template on fresh joomla install, not the quick start package (the quick start package has his own BD that u need to import, etc...), i'm waiting his confirmation.
Meanwhile, i'll do a fresh joomla installation and i'll install the alaska template just to see what happens

Thanks again,
Eugen

This is as far as we can go in Community support. If you need any more help with this issue you'll need to get a support sub.

-- hugh

Hello guys
Just a small notice for all those having the same issue.
I removed fabrik from extensions -> Manage and I installed fabrik component from github as shown here: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github/ -> Then -> Discover, install, refresh cache.
The scond step was the bootstrap patch: https://github.com/Fabrik/Fabrik-Joomla-alt-layouts and now it's working:

upload_2016-2-6_10-26-11.png

Why was not working till now?
Cause in order to "Update from github" u need to uninstall all fabrik component, modules and plugins. I was intenting to overwrite files using plesk file manager, which, despite activating the checkbox option to overwrite fabrik folders, it fails without any notice, it does nothing.

Thank you all fabrik team for your support,
Best regards.

Cause in order to "Update from github" u need to uninstall all fabrik component, modules and plugins.
NO!! for everybody who is reading this:
If you are uninstalling Fabrik all your Fabrik work will be gone.

It's really no Fabrik problem if your file manager is not working. For a GitHub update you only have to override the existing Fabrik files without uninstalling before.

This issue is related to fabrik integration (Group colums layout) with Alaska (or other template) using Azura Page Builder, on fresh installation, so there were no data to loose.
As i said: "I was intenting to overwrite files using plesk file manager, which, despite activating the checkbox option to overwrite fabrik folders, it fails without any notice, it does nothing."
So i was updating 10 times using Plesk File Manager wich didn't overwrite my files (I checked permissions, ghroup, chown...etc...)
When i saw that Plesk fails to overwrite, i tried ftp that failed as well, some files were not overwriten, so i decided to uninstall fabrik and install it manually.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back