Extension Manager: Update 'search - fabrik' plugin won't clear

mygunfriday

Doing post-github steps, the Search-Fabrik plugin hangs in my Updates in Extension manager. The plugin is actually listed in my Plugin Manager and shows as active, but is stuck here for some reason.

I've followed post github steps and this item remains.

Any advice on clearing/installing this properly will be appreciated.
Extension manager - Update 2013-05-24 11-25-47.png

Note: I also have fabrik_subs_monthly_income and fabrik_total_sales causing an xml error in the Discover tab, which I have no interest in using right now and I assume are work in progress plugins added by github.

the fabrik ones were probably me uploading everything from my test server, you can delete those (they'll be in folders /plugins/fabrik_visualizations/)

I'm really not sure why you are still seeing the search fabrik plugin in the update page.

I've tested here and once I had done

* manage->(select the plugin)->refresh cache,
*update->purge cache->find updates

For me, no updates are listed. But I guess you have done that and still see the plugin?

Hi Rob,

Okay, I deleted the visualizations, and yes, the

* manage->(select the plugin)->refresh cache,
*update->purge cache->find updates

actions fail to clear the item and it appears just the way the image uploaded previously is.

I don't know enough of the workings of Joomla and Fabrik to have a clue what the issue is.

- Jeremy

Hi, I'm having the same issue on my J2.5 sites. Might the problem be due the fact that there's not a language folder in there? The xml file shows a language folder to be updated, but the zip file does not contain a language folder.

So, I went in and manually updated it and that worked. But maybe the issue was that the search plugin needed to be installed. On one of my sites, the plugin wasn't installed, but it was still looking for the update. So, I installed the search plugin and then it didn't display the update.

Hi Davez,

Can you explain that in a little more detail (I'm prone to mistakes if things aren't spelled out clearly...)?

Do you mean you zipped the folder and installed it through Joomla?

-------------------
I just re-read this - You manually added the language folder because it wasn't in the zip folder...So where did you get the language folder? And did you just drop it in place through FTP and then run the post github steps and it was accepted?

But maybe the issue was that the search plugin needed to be installed.
You should also do a "purge cache" + "discover" in the ExtensionManager/Discover section to update the version of uninstalled plugins after a GitHub update.

So, I think the problem does have to do with the missing language folder. I tried it on another site and that's why it failed.

FYI, On my live sites usually only update using the Extension Manager, because I have run into some problems in the past with updating directly from GitHub sometimes, so it makes me nervous. But, as toester says, you can update via GitHub.

But if you want to just update the search plugin to 3.0.8 you could download it http://fabrikar.com/media/downloads/plg_fabrik_search_3.0.8.zip, inflate it, and upload it to /plugins/search/fabrik/. You shouldn't need the current language file for it to be updated. Just the two files in that zip folder.

Ah looks like the language folder was not being included in the build.
That's been fixed and I've updated the plg_fabrik_search_3.0.8.zip in the downloads, so in theory that error should no longer appear if you try to update via the update manager.

Members online

No members online now.
Back