Exporting in Joomla 1.5 problem and connect to mysql in 3.1

PattiH

I used Migrate Me to move my data from Joomla 1.5.26 to 3.1. It seems to have worked very well and the data is all viewable in the administrator end except the Fabrik content in 3.1. So I've tried to approach the problem in two ways. One is by exporting the "list" in a csv file so that I can import it into the version in J 3.1. I get the error message that others have gotten, but solutions that worked for them did not work for me. I made sure that MooTools 1.2 was installed, and I made sure that my Fabrik parameters had 1.2 checked. I also upgraded Fabrik. I get this:
0 / undefined.
Saving to

then I figured my other option would be for Fabrik to connect to the table in the Joomla database where the data is stored. I can see that the data is there. So I tried creating a new list so that hopefully I would be given the option of connecting to the data in the joomla database. But I get a message "Could not connect to MySQ." If I go to "Connections" I am able to fill out most of it, but the ID number is grayed out and has zero in it. When I try to save that it says "Warning Field Required: ID" I've checked the database settings in the global configuration and everything is fine.

I don't know what else to do.

The second paragraph has to do with connecting to the database in the Joomla 3.1 site with Fabrik 3.1 installed. If I go into Fabrik and try to create anything new I get the same error of "Could not connect to MySQl."

I used Migrate Me to move my data from Joomla 1.5.26 to 3.1
I don't know "Migrate Me" (AFAIK it's not one of the tools recommended by Joomla ). Did it try to migrate Fabrik, too? So you have something like a Fabrik2 (and your description sounds like a very old Fabrik version) on Joomla3? This won't do.

Try to install Fabrik3.1b from the download area. I'm not sure if this is possible with some Fabrik2 rests already in Joomla3.
If this doesn't work you first have to uninstall (or eliminate manually) Fabrik2, then install again + update from GitHub.

Then you should be able to create fabrik lists pointing to your existing database tables.

The way Migrate Me works (and i decided to use it because of the great variety of success people had using Jupgrade, many not so good) is you create the new site, install all the new extensions, and then use the upgrade tool by Migrate Me which is an installed extension also. You export the database, and the migrate Me extension uses that exported database to bring in the old data putting it in the right places. As far as I can tell other than Fabrik 3 not being able to connect to the database the migration worked very well. After you're sure everything is working, you delete the old site, and move the new site with the migrated data into the old site's directory.

So I already did as you have suggested in installing all the new stuff in the new site. But the new site won't connect to the database, and I can't export the Fabrik table from the old site to import into the new site.

I have thought of an alternative though. I could totally delete what I've done with the new site, reinstall, and make sure that Fabrik is working (connecting to the database) before I migrate the data from the old site.

I reinstalled Joomla 3.1 and extensions including Fabrik. Tested Fabrik before migrating data from 1.5 site in and indeed it is working fine. After migrating in old data, it is not working. So definitely not a Fabrik issue.

If "Migrate Me" is importing old Fabrik metadata tables (#_fabrik_xxx) this won't do this way.
If I got it right your data tables are imported into the new database.

If you can access Fabrik you can try to use the Fabrik tool "Upgrade from 2.1" (Component/Fabrik, Tools tab).

Or reinstall Fabrik3.1b AFTER the migration, then create new lists linking to your existing (imported) data tables. This will create elements for all columns but you have to re-edit to set nice element labels, correct plugins, validations ....

In both cases you should
1. update from GitHub to get the latest code version
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github/
2. open your Fabrik connection and check all parameters, re-save

The recommended way to upgrade from Fabrik2.1 to Fabrik3 (I only used upgrade 2.1->3.0)
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/migrating-from-earlier-versions/
You may adapt the steps for "Migrate Me".

Reactions: rob
Neither one of these options worked. Because Fabrik won't connect to the database after I migrate the Fabrik tables, I can't use the "upgrade from 2.1" tool. I started over with a fresh install. Did not install Fabrik 3.1. Migrated the database, then installed Fabrik 3.1. I get an error message:
0 Unable to load Database Driver: mysqli_fab

So fortunately the two websites where I am using Joomla 1.5, I do have as the original csv files. On one website, it is no big deal if I don't regain my Fabrik tables, but the other one is more critical, and it's much larger. I know that I can import that csv file and start over. But I have several "pages" which point to particular filtered results which will all have to be modified to point to the new ID number. Unless I get lucky and it assigns the same ID number. Fabrik is the main reason I have not upgraded my 1.5 sites to newer versions. I know that I don't know what I am asking, but it sure would be nice if you all could develop a tool to migrate between versions. Especially since each version can only be installed in a particular version of Joomla. I don't suppose I would be able to do something different if I were to migrate my site from 1.5 to 2.5 first and then to 3.1?

I've migrated several sites from J!1.5.26/Fabrik2.1.1 to J!2.5/Fabrik3.0 using jUpgrade + Fabrik "Upgrade from 2.1"
It was working in principle (some manual work necessary after this to add plugins...), see
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/migrating-from-earlier-versions/

No idea what "Migrate me" is doing to and with Fabrik. Maybe after this migration you have to clean all Fabrik things (tables #_fabrik_xxx + fabrik entries in #_extensions and #_assets) before installing Fabrik3.1 again.

. I made sure that MooTools 1.2 was installed, and I made sure that my Fabrik parameters had 1.2 checked.
This is definitly no recent Fabrik2.1 version (which needs System Mootools upgrade plugin), so I think even with JUpgrade and J!2.5 Fabrik "Upgrade from 2.1" won't work.

I don't think we can help if you are using a tool which is breaking a running Fabrik3.1 installation and prevent a correct new Fabrik3.1 installation.

I assume your data tables are copied by "Migrate me", so as soon as you've got Fabrik3.1 running you don't need to do any CSV import, just create Fabrik lists pointing to these tables.

I have to say -- it went amazingly well! I migrated everything on a fresh install. Then changed the database names of the old fabrik tables. Then I installed Fabrik 3.1. I updated from the zip file from GitHub. I did have problems after doing that and reinstalled Fabrik from the install package. So I don't know what I did wrong, but I'll go back and figure it out later. I was able to select my database table that has the data I want to display and everything worked perfectly. I didn't even have to modify any elements to get the labels right.

I did do it differently with this site than with the other site I have to upgrade which has a much larger Fabrik database. On this site, I had a separate table apart from the Fabrik tables, whereas with the other one I think the database is integrated with the Fabrik tables. So we'll see how that goes tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

hen I installed Fabrik 3.1. I updated from the zip file from GitHub. I did have problems after doing that and reinstalled Fabrik from the install package.
Attention:
Make sure to get the correct GitHub zip file (from joomla3 branch)
Once you've updated from GitHub you have to stay with the GitHub version because GitHub contains a lot more code (additonal plugins) which is newer than the install package version.
So you can re-install the package (to fix installation issues) but after that you should update from GitHub again (you must do this if you are using any additional plugin not included in the install package).

Just a final update on the other site with a very large Fabrik table -- I did the same thing as far as installing new site and all extensions except Fabrik, migrating the database using Migrate Me, changing all the imported Fabrik prefixes to jos, installing Fabrik, and creating the new list linking to the database table. It went well again, except that I tried to change the ID number because I didn't want to go back through all my articles which show filtered results to change the table number. But then I found out that the syntax has changed anyway to use the content plugin, and I'd have to do that even if my list had the same id number as the old table. So I do have a lot of work ahead of me changing almost two hundred articles, but at least it's easy, grunt work, and not tearing-my-hair-out, figuring-out-what's wrong work.

Anyway, thanks so much for the help and the great extension.

You may do it directly in the database,e.g. backup #_content, export, change all {fabrik view=table to {fabrik view=list in an editor, import.

Wowee, Troester!!! Thank you. That worked like a charm. First time I forgot I also needed to change the ID number, so I had to do it twice, but much better than going through 200 articles. Now I will be more brave about messing with the database.

It actually did not work as well as I originally thought. There was an error message (see below), and many of my items (these are K2 items I've inserted the fabrik filtered table data) that did not import. At first I thought it came from copying and pasting directly into the editing window, so I've gone back through each item (in the current-old Joomla 1.5 site) and recopied and pasted into the clipboard as I should have the first time. These were files that were updated a lot, and I remember one time realizing when I'd finished with a number of updates that I had not copied and pasted (from the document given me) correctly.

So I am updating the current-old Joomla 1.5 site. Copying the K2 items table to the new J!3.1 database. I then export it from there, find and replace as you recommended above, save, import into the jos k2 items table. What I expected to find was that incrementally I would get more and more of the items imported as I made the correction. But that's not what's happening. I've now done it 8 times. It's all over the place as far as the numbers go although I do have to say they are all so far in the number item range of 900s (there are 1482 K2 item ids in the original). So I thought I'd ask your advice since you've been so kind to help. When I take the error message verbiage and try to find it in the sql export file, the find function does not find it. Thank you.

Code:
Error
SQL query:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en" dir="ltr"> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> <link rel="icon" href="./favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" /> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="./favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" /> <title>phpMyAdmin</title> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="phpmyadmin.css.php?server=1&amp;token=2a939e5aa07b4ee4fc042b13e32e05f9&amp;js_frame=right&amp;nocache=5417780001" /> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="print.css" media="print" /> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="./themes/pmahomme/jquery/jquery-ui-1.8.custom.css" /> <meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow" /> <script src="./js/cross_framing_protection.js?ts=1344778698" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="./js/jquery/jquery-1.4.4.js?ts=1344778[...]

MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
    "http://www.w' at line 1

Got all my problems solved. Once I got a complete sql file (my internet connection seemed to cause problems with exporting and importing), the find and replace for the Fabrik plugin worked great. Thanks.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back