Export problem and... solution ?

lcollong

FabriKant d'applications web
Hi,

I have fighted with an export problem (list csv export). It used to work before the customer changes the level of their hosting and it's also working on my test drive (see "mysite"). The popup shows up with the counting record up to the end. Meanwhile, I can follow the build of the file in the /tmp folder using ftp. At the end of the process, if I download the file through ftp, it is correct. ie good formating and all lines filled up. But, if I hit the download link inside the popup window on the front end, I get an empty file after several seconds waiting.

After investigating everything (enable plugins on both sites as well as directory permission, php settings and version), I've discovered that the new policy of their hosting company says that we have to specify a special "dot file" at the root to drive some options. The default value (see below) was app.engine=php. Swithing to app.engine=phpcgi makes the export problem solved.

Does your export setting need CGI ? May be we should add this in the prerequisites ?

Code:
; __app.engine__
;
; values: php (php engine + opcache accelerator)
; notice: if php, a phpcgi engine will be activated as fallback (if previous engine crash)
;
;  php:
;      IMPORTANT: register_globals and magic_quotes_gpc are off for security
;      php options .htaccess (like php version) are ignored
;  phpcgi:
;      IMPORTANT this is a fallback or previous system
;      in this case __app.engine.version__ will be considerated as AUTO and php version will be old system
;      (meaning depending .htaccess or .phpX extension)
;
app.engine=php

; __app.engine.version__ specify version of your engine
;
; for php:
;  default: 5.4
; for phpcgi:
;  this options is ignored (= fallback in AUTO)
;
app.engine.version=5.4

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 422
hmmm... how could I check that ? Here is a snapshot of the relevant phpinfo. The part which change is the "webserver to php interface" setting.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 408
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back