Empty trash groups ?

I'm very good in normal day with this feature, and this since I started my Fabrik experience ;)

but with latest git update no more fun for me.

Let select a group, then trash it ... Look on the Trashing filter group for Empty trash .... Do the empty feature, and ?

I've the deleated groups (still in the list) but Joomla said me "the database is empty" and under the fabriks's group table I've all this groups, with publish value -2.

I've remove groups direct from the FB table so.

And so the new step for trashed elements : " As well as deleting the element, select which database fields to drop " No more information about element, just labels no more attach to group or form, to anderstand from wich group this element came from ?

any way, I don't want to remove any database fields, elements came from all joinsgroup I removed. I don't check any line and the Save or Cancel don't fire under FF : error attach

Gonna make a backup and see if I could Remove all this orphelan elements.

Attachments

• deleate-some-element.jpg
    deleate-some-element.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 459
Seems for my issue with groups and the fact I could not empty trash it's for groups no attach to a form.
If a group is attaching to a form the deleate and empty workflow seems ok !

I could see that there were some issues with the query produced to filter the groups, I've fixed those in github.
However, I could create a group that was not attached to a form, and trash it and then delete it from the trash

Hi Rob, damn the update from git don't work for me,
I redo all this issue a lot of time, with a join list configuration and so the automaticall groups create was the starting probleme when the list with joins go weird (because the data joins's configuration is update by something else).

So after having the Error from the master list I know that groups under my Master form are update, I look on the Groups form and see mutiple new same groups adding I don't know when (but for sure after the list error).

So I remove duplicate groups from this master form, then I delete (but no work, still in the list and still into Fabrik's database)
After this a lot of duplicate orphelan element I could not delete too !

And like you If i create a group without attach to a form, I could delete and empty trash !
But my issue is more about group create from the Joins'list configuration

Could you make a video of what the issue is, as it sounds quiet complex and I'm worried if you are trying to delete a group that was created via a join, I'd not considered doing that and that may well cause issues (or may not be possible as then the list might become un-usable)

Rob, I preatty sure, before when working with J2.5 and so FB 3.0X when you do a List / data / joins then the automatic(s) group(s) was created, AND then if you remove this (edit list's configuration) the automatical group is remove as well (from the Group list filter / form) ... is it true ?
So I could not make a video about how this group came from because I don't have anymore this isuue. (Perhaps I've some sauvegarde with this issue I let you know if )

But preatty sure my issue with Group(s) and Orphelan elements was begin from an Git update (arf don't really know the Number and the date :(), but since Sophist ask me to update in a thread I don't have any more List / Data / joins break after a list's edit ! THANKS A LOT !

After many many tests with this issue, I preatty sure this weird groups(s) was done by a List's edition : GROUP by function feet to a element like (tutorial Class/student GroupbyClass then add the templating stuff placeholder to master group = where the group by element cames from).
When I edited the list (GROUP BY) the list was broken because, one join's automaticall group was remove (under the list configuration), but not remove from the form's list group => sql error, normal ....

At this time and with the latest Git I don't have any Edit List issues (like I could report before) but I've this group(s) into trash, I could not empty trashing.
From this latest Git (Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.8-1151-gef3cb10) I'm able to empty trashing orphelan elements now ;)
But all weird group(s) are still here in my trash, without possibility to emptying it !

And Rob don't be Worried, I DON'T DELEATE anymore this group(s) by hand into database I just let this groups for the moment into the trash...

Do you want more, information, from me, even if it's not a video ;)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back