element in group hidden with fabrikHide but why?

BodgeIT

It's a dropdown element that is in the first group in a multipage form.
I have checked all validations and js and there is nothing set to hide or even affect that element.
There are no JS errors.
I've tried moving it into different group, adding JS to unhide it but the only way to show it is with CSS controls.

It does have js eval code both for the list it displays and to calculate its default value if only 1 item on that list.

What am I missing that could bring the fabrikHide class to be added?

Last edited:
Other than through JS, I think the only way would be if the 'hidden' option is selected in the element settings. I don't think that exists in the join element settings, but if you switch the element type to 'field', you should see it. You could then unset that, and switch it back to jioin before saving.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh, yes I thought of that..set it to Field, checked Hidden setting...it was unhidden, so not that.
I think I made several of this element for different forms by copying and then unlinking, maybe that had some impact?

Hi Hugh, I managed to sort it. The element I checked for "hidden" status was indeed unhidden but the others weren't, they were hidden (although that setting was hidden) .
That fixed several of the elements. Of the one element that wasn't hidden, I don't know what the issue was but now its showing, so may have been a caching issue or something.
Anyway all now behaving as expected...thanks for the support.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back