Dont want validation for fields in hidden groups

dranreb_38

Hello
Here is my problem:
- I've a form asking for user profile : name, surname, email., password ... I check fields are not empty and some other validations. All is ok with this form
-I've another form where user books for an event, and uses email + password for identification. I want to retrieve and show name and surname in the list of bookings. So I do a jointure between tables to get them through email matching, and it is OK. The jointure makes a group (doing a kind of cloning of user profile elements, but elements are linked to original ones) that I dont need in the form, so I hide it (Group->Layout->Show group :no). All seems OK.
- But the problem is : when user submits the booking form, all validations are done on the fields of the hidden group. As fields are empty, validation fails, and form is not submitted...
It seems to me that validation should never be done on fields in hidden groups...
A workaround should be to manually condition validation by the visibility of the group. Is there a function or placeholder giving the visibility status of the group to test it in the condition php code for validation ?
Other idea, but I've some doubt about it: what happens if I unlink the elements and remove validation for unlinked elements ? Probably I loose the jointure mechanism... (Honestly, I'm not sure to understand clearly the concept of linked elements and why a group with linked elements is built when a jointure is declared... If somebody could explain the mechanism, it should be great...)
Thanks
Dran

Last edited:
what happens if I unlink the elements and remove validation for unlinked elements

That's exactly what you need to do. It won't effect the join at all.

Linked elements are simply a convenience, so copies inherit properties from their "parents", so changes you make to the originals apply to all copies, unless you unlink them.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back