Display full list of results

sales2010

Hello,

I need to understand how to set a dbjoin element rendered as autocomplete in order to display the desired results. The problem is that i cannot display the entire list of results for a search.

For example, i have 24 records that contain the word "Internet". Searching for this word will return records that start with "Internet" and records that contains this word. Unfortunately, i can only see 10 results and the "..." sign doesn't link to anything.

For example, some records are like this: "Internet pe mobil Combo 1.5GB" or "Fiber Internet Advanced" or "BlackBerry Internet Start" etc. Using the option "contains" and searching for the word "Internet", i will see this results (see image below)

Clipboard01.png

Then, if i want to restrain the search, i will get the message "No records found"

Clipboard02.png

Using the option "Start with" will limit the search to the results that start with the word "Internet".

Thank you

Well - it looks like the javascript has a default value of 10 encoded in the max option in autocomplete-bootstrap.js and autocomplete.js.

So a quick fix for you will be to Edit these files and change the max value.

If I have time, I will try to add this as an option in back-end.

S

Thank you, Sophist, when you have time please take a look also to the option to restrain the search, it seems that it will search only for the first word instead of all words written.

Here is a beta version of dbjoin with an autocomplete rows setting. Please let me know if this works for you. I will try to extend this to other autocompletes soon.

As for the multi-word search, I suspect that it does a select in the table with a WHERE xx LIKE '%string%'. So if you type "internet flexibil " it will do a WHERE xx LIKE '%internet flexibil %'.

In other words, it looks for the string as a whole and not a combination of words. I can take a look at how difficult it might be to have it do something like WHERE xx LIKE '%word1%' AND xx LIKE '%word2%' etc. if that is what you are looking for.

Attachments

• dbjoin_autocomplete_rows.zip
    54.9 KB · Views: 234
Ok - Here is a version with what I think you want. An additional choice "Words" in the dbjoin plugin settings (in addition to contains and starts_with).

Try it and let me know if this is what you wanted.

S

Attachments

• dbjoin_autocomplete_rows.zip
    62.6 KB · Views: 225
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back