DigSig PDF View and Pre-Filters

Ninpo

Is there a way to prevent pre-filters from firing on the DigSig element in PDF view?

I have a pre-filter limiting who can see the record by the user's id. The problem is that the DigSig element is doing a callback to the website to render that signature to image. When it renders that signature to image it builds a DB Query using my pre-filters. Because this callback is outside my session scope, the where clause in the query is putting a "0" in place of my actual user_id so no record is being returned. Instead I get "
PLG_ELEMENT_FDIGSIG_NO_SUCH_FILE". If I remove the pre-filter to limit visibility, the signature will render, but this is self defeating for my purposes.

Yup, this is something I've run into before, and I can't think of a way round it. As you say, the problem is because the PDF is being rendered on the server, rather than in the browser, so doesn't have the browser session.

I'll have another look at the code, see if i can think of a workaround.

-- hugh

Awesome! Thanks Hugh! I look forward to seeing what you come up with to workaround this issue.

As a side note; there was a couple of code changes made by Trob a while back "pull request #1778 - digsig form pdf: use FORM_width etc. and form defaults". I was wondering when these changes would be merged into master? Every time I pull from master I have to manually put these changes back in, as they fix some other issues I encountered with this element.

Thank you Hugh for these changes. I got it all working. I also wanted to thank the Fabrik team for their assistance, prompt responses on these forums and expedited code changes/bug fixes. I was able to complete version 1.0 and move into beta of a pretty large project I have been working on before project due date; 12+ custom templates, 15+ lists and over 400 elements with a ton of interconnecting business logic between all of these. You guys are awesome!

Thank you for the kind words. We also gladly accept thanks in the form of a subscription. Even if it's only for a month. Every little helps keep the lights burning and food on the table. ;)

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back