Dedicated Fabrik admin menu SOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

batonac

Since Fabrik is so core to the way that many of us build Joomla sites, I'd like to see a dedicated Fabrik menu in the administration interface, saving time compared to navigating through the components menu.

I've found a workable solution for now:
  1. Create a new custom HTML module in the Administrator modules list.
  2. Name it 'Fabrik Menu', assign position 'Menu', turn 'Show Title' off.
  3. Paste this code into the custom output: (make sure to toggle editor to see HTML source)
Code:
<ul class="nav">
    <li class="dropdown">
        <a class="dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown" href="#">Fabrik</a>
        <ul class="dropdown-menu">
            <li>
                <a class="menu-lists" href="index.php?option=com_fabrik&amp;view=lists">Lists</a></li>
            <li>
                <a class="menu-forms" href="index.php?option=com_fabrik&amp;view=forms">Forms</a></li>
            <li>
                <a class="menu-groups" href="index.php?option=com_fabrik&amp;view=groups">Groups</a></li>
            <li>
                <a class="menu-elements" href="index.php?option=com_fabrik&amp;view=elements">Elements</a></li>
            <li>
                <a class="menu-visualizations" href="index.php?option=com_fabrik&amp;view=visualizations">Visualizations</a></li>
            <li>
                <a class="menu-packages" href="index.php?option=com_fabrik&amp;view=packages">Packages</a></li>
            <li>
                <a class="menu-connections" href="index.php?option=com_fabrik&amp;view=connections">Connections</a></li>
            <li>
                <a class="menu-schedules" href="index.php?option=com_fabrik&amp;view=crons">Schedule</a></li>
        </ul>
    </li>
</ul>

This does create a nice workable solution for now. Any improvements on the code are welcome (I just slightly modified the fabrik component menu code). I'd love to see something like this integrated as a core fabrik feature.

In 3.0 Rob added a Quick Icons admin module.
I have it in my test site but I can't remember how I got it;) (and if it is available in 3.1, too).
Rob?

Yes, fabrik quick icons are awesome for the administration front page/control panel: (added by selecting new module -> fabrik quick icons -> position 'quick icons')
82e7c5bdabd1a1ff7a6a479f9e45d2fe.png

My solution/proposal is a bit different though:
e654b3024fb964489a29a028b3e9f6e8.png

3. Paste this code into the custom output: (make sure to toggle editor to see HTML source)

Thanks for the markup, what I've done is re-jig the quick icons module, so you can change its template from 'default' to 'menu', then assign it to the menu module location and it works in the same way as you custom html.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back