dbjoin

arie

Hi,

I have a dbjoin (autocomplete) on a form to select a person. If i enter a string with no accent (ie: doe) and the person in the db is do?, this person isn't displayed in the dbjoin.

I cannot find any settings in the admin panel. Any suggestions?

What is the collation set to for the underlying column in your table?

I'm fairly sure if you set the collation correctly, to something like utf8_unicode_ci, then characters should autoatically match their un-accented equivalents.

-- hugh

I tested and its working for me, could you double check you set the field collation of the db join elements 'data->label' something like utf8_general_ci
The one thing that I did find was that if you supplied a default value for the database join element, then in the form view that value would always be used to populate the auto-complete list, rather than being over-ridden by the auto-complete search term. I've fixed that with this commit
https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/5fa38d481645afd3fb35d1840edde83677e2bc2a

Apart from that is there any other information that is specific to your database join element ?

-Rob

I'm still on 3.0.8 but I deny to upgrade cause I'm in production and I don't want to face other bugs.
Do you think I can just upgrade the dbjoin element?

friendly bump

I have modified the collation of the table to utf8_unicode but that didn't fix the pb!

No you can never really just update one file I'm afraid. I would suggest trying to test on a test site to see if an upgrade would fix it.

I have modified the collation of the table to utf8_unicode
You said you set the collation on the table, but did you do so for the FIELD? And notably the field which stores the label?

Hmmm. In which case, there's not a lot we can do. That's the whole point of data collation, it defines the rules of how characters get compared, to handle this exact scenario. It's not something which can be handled at the application level (in Fabrik), collation all happens within the database. So it sounds like a MySQL issue.

Have your tried running some SELECT queries by hand on a test table / column, with different collations, and seeing if those work?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back