DB Join Not Loading data

Guys

I have a DB Join which connects to a table that has over 60K entries. Because it was taking so long to load when it is rendered as a dropdown I tried auto-complete - But the values are not being displayed

To see what I mean please check this page

http://www.lettingagentsupportklub.co.uk/j3/free-tools/house-prices.html

You will see that the drop down works (For testing I have stripped the data and there is only 100 records) but the auto-complete does not?

When saving the element it tries to change it to an INT field but it then replaces all the values with a 0 so I cancel when it tries to change it. I have tried letting it change the type and adding the values manually but still it does not work?

Any ideas appreciates

Thanks

P.S. I can't promise that taking these autocomplete*.js files separately from other fixes in this branch won't cause some problems (possibly with spinners as it loads the results). If you have this problem then you can try copying the entire zip file (which is an enhancement of last night's github). This contains a lot of improvements to forms and elements validation - and it should be in a fully working state - and any testing you do on it and feedback you can give would be helpful.

S

P.S. I can't promise that taking these autocomplete*.js files separately from other fixes in this branch won't cause some problems (possibly with spinners as it loads the results). If you have this problem then you can try copying the entire zip file (which is an enhancement of last night's github). This contains a lot of improvements to forms and elements validation - and it should be in a fully working state - and any testing you do on it and feedback you can give would be helpful.

S

Thanks Sophist - Works great - thanks very much!

http://www.lettingagentsupportklub.co.uk/j3/free-tools/house-prices.html

I'm so easily please aren't I? :p

Hi Sophist

If you go to this page the autocomplete db join works fine

But in this page it doesn't?

I uploaded the whole update as you linked above to see if that helped but it didn't?

Do you or anyone else have any ideas why that may be? :)

Thanks

Hmm - well I am getting a JS error regarding tooltips. Not sure why this is because you are loading tipsbootstrapmock-min.js. I am wondering whether it is some sort of conflict with JU Tooltips that you also have installed - or perhaps a timing issue where it needs to be wrapped in a require block.

On the first link that works, there seems to be an issue of the CDD / Autofill being triggered once you get to one result and press enter or tab. I have a fix for that.

The autocomplete did work for me once - though I am not sure why it doesn't work most times. (As an aside, it looks like it is set to "Words" not "Starting with" and I am not sure that is what you want - but I don't think that this would explain why it doesn't work.) I can see we are getting a 500 return code from the server (which is not being well handled by autocomplete - again I can fix the handling of it) but I am not sure why we are getting a 500 error in the first place.

Please re-download from my repo and re-update and see whether it is any better.

S

Thanks Sophist I think you're right - I disabled the JU plugin and it fixes the last problem as described above - as soon as I enable it it messes up

I'll upload the new files and see if that makes a difference and fixes the issues

Thanks for your time :)

I've uploaded the files and enabled the ju plugin and the second issue is fixed but the autocomplete on the other page is still not working - it's probably an issue with permissions which I'll try to sort

Thanks for your help :)

Regards

Sent via my iPhone using Tapatalk app

I have uploaded a fixed version to my GitHub branch above. Autocomplete should now work better both on mouse selection from a list of matching items and also when you type enough characters to get a single matching item which populates the field and you press enter or tab.

I have also improved the error handling, so let me know how you get on with the second page which didn't work at all.

Please let me know how you get on. Good luck.

S

Thanks Sophist - I can't upload this until tomorrow but I will report back them

Thanks for your time

The autocomplete - I don't think you have the latest code as it is not behaving the way I would expect when you type additional characters.

The tab thing - I am not sure why it is trying to validate when you don't have any validations on the page. This definitely needs looking at.

Thanks for trying this and bearing with me whilst we iron out the bugs in the enhancements.

S

Thanks sophist

I thought I uploaded the latest from your link above?

Maybe I didn't - I'll try again for you tomorrow

Thanks for your patience and help

Regards

New version uploaded which only does ajax validation on changing page / tab IF there are fields with validation on the page/tab.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back